Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
For the past three weeks I'm not able to send a MMS through iMessage anymore. I got the wifi only 32GB model.

Has it worked before?

Do you have it set up to accept messages sent to both your number and your email?

What happens when you send a message from your iPad? Does it give an error message, or just not send?

Have you tried a hard rest? If this doesn't work, try turning off iMessage in setting, and then turning it back on. I think you might need to reenter your information when you do this, I cant remember though...

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
try turning off iMessage in setting, and then turning it back on. I think you might need to reenter your information when you do this, I cant remember though...

^ that always seems to fix the problem.

luckily it only happened a few times and that was last year

BrooklynMike82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah it's always worked before. There's no error message, it goes through fine but the recipent never get's em. It's not just one person. it's everyone on my CT list. I don't have it setup with my number anymore ever since I got rid of my iPhone. I tried turning it on and off, removing my Apple ID and adding it again and still nothing. I tired uninstalling a bunch of tweaks and even tried BiteSMS to no avail. I guess the hard reset is my only option now.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Yeah it's always worked before. There's no error message, it goes through fine but the recipent never get's em. It's not just one person. it's everyone on my CT list. I don't have it setup with my number anymore ever since I got rid of my iPhone. I tried turning it on and off, removing my Apple ID and adding it again and still nothing. I tired uninstalling a bunch of tweaks and even tried BiteSMS to no avail. I guess the hard reset is my only option now.

i would wipe it clean and re-store via iCloud (not iTunes)

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
i would wipe it clean and re-store via iCloud (not iTunes)

Agreed with this. Give it a try. I also see the OP has poasted turning off "tweaks" I'm guessing you are jail broken? I had my phone jail broken for a while, and it messed with messages. I have no idea why, and or what it was messing with, but I cant have problems with my phone as it is also my work phone. So I ended up having to go back. Nothing to do with the topic, but maybe you can uninstall the jail break and see if it works, and then re jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.