Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Generik777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
I have a new album that I downloaded last night, when I went into iTunes to add it to the library everything went as normal but it's still not showing up in my music library. I opened the finder and navigated to the iTunes music library location and see that iTunes did indeed import the album into it's library. Problem is when I go into the iTunes app it still isn't showing up. Even if I try to play one of the songs from the temporary location on my desktop, iTunes will not play them. They are standard mp3 files so this isn't making sense. Any help appreciated. Thanx

----------

SOLUTION
Figured it out right after posting. Thought I'd post my solution for anyone else who encounters this problem. What I did was turned off iTunes Match and the album instantly appeared in my library, then I just turned iTunes Match back on. The album stayed there and my library was updated with iTunes Match to include the new album.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
I have a new album that I downloaded last night, when I went into iTunes to add it to the library everything went as normal but it's still not showing up in my music library. I opened the finder and navigated to the iTunes music library location and see that iTunes did indeed import the album into it's library. Problem is when I go into the iTunes app it still isn't showing up. Even if I try to play one of the songs from the temporary location on my desktop, iTunes will not play them. They are standard mp3 files so this isn't making sense. Any help appreciated. Thanx

----------

SOLUTION
Figured it out right after posting. Thought I'd post my solution for anyone else who encounters this problem. What I did was turned off iTunes Match and the album instantly appeared in my library, then I just turned iTunes Match back on. The album stayed there and my library was updated with iTunes Match to include the new album.

Thanks for posting the resolution! I just came across this issue, makes a change someone actually posted how they fixed it. :D

MacNewbie78

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2013
Sydney
iTunes will always baffle the best of us.

when I think about importing my music into my iTunes library, I feel like I've got some sort of darker entity :eek: preventing me from achieving success. Luckily, people like you post there solutions! Don't you just hate how logic pops in to play once you've asked for help? Very frustrating!

skruggie

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2005
Thanks for posting this fix, i just had the exact same problem and worked like a charm. How bizarre I have never had this happen before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.