Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shtuffle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
I have an iBook G4 running OS 10.4.11, 512 MB, 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 so any good simulation and god games such as the ones mentioned in the title that I can download online for free and not need the internet to play them would be awesome.
Thanks!

Last edited:

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
You ever play total war? Love those series. I'd recommend starting with Shogun II, if you decide to play it. Its got the complexity of most of the games you listed. Its hard to describe, the national screen seems almost like a game board. Its a giant map with cities, castles, farms which you can improve and manage like in sim city. Though admitably at a lesser extent as you won't need to worry about health care. You do however need to manage armies, generals, special agents and their placement on the map. When two opposing armies meet you battle. The battles are intense (more so than age of empires) because each unit you create at the map screen contains x number of men ( can be anywhere from 50ish to 400 - you can even edit unit size for more fun or better performance).

I'm of the honest opinion that total war games boarder the perfect game margin. They are just missing out on a couple key things to make it perfect. But I'd say its what you are looking for and better than all the games you listed.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Tropico
Giants Citizen Kabuto
The Settlers II
Civilization (a few versions work)

Some of these will require you boot in OS 9 or perhaps run in Classic. Sorry can't think of any free ones. Before Intel gaming on the Mac was really slim.

Some of the games I thought of require 68K so I didn't mention them.

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
i have an ibook g4 running os 10.4.11, 512 mb, 1.42 ghz powerpc g4 so any good simulation and god games such as the ones mentioned in the title that i can download online for free and not need the internet to play them would be awesome.
Thanks!

civ iv

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
You mentioned Age of empires. There is one game, using the same mechanics as Age of Empires 2 called "Star Wars battlegrounds Saga" Its the same as Age of empires, butwith the carachters of Star Wars, and they added some extra stuff so that people whol palyed Age of Empires still find it very enternaining.

I also like WArcraft3, but are very diferent games

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.