Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malik1217

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2012
so my ipod 4th gen is jailbroken and the charger port broke and the batterys dead. now my ipods completley dead no hard restore no connecting to itunes/computer or wall charger not even an ipod dock or and iphone charger. anyway if my ipods completley dead and under warranty if i send it in will they replace it. someone said the replacing price is 99$ for the 8gb

tmonk13

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
so my ipod 4th gen is jailbroken and the charger port broke and the batterys dead. now my ipods completley dead no hard restore no connecting to itunes/computer or wall charger not even an ipod dock or and iphone charger. anyway if my ipods completley dead and under warranty if i send it in will they replace it. someone said the replacing price is 99$ for the 8gb

Or you can take it to the Apple retail store and they can most likely replace it there for you for that fee and you won't have to wait for shipping of the replacement product.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
BE careful what you mention to Apple. They may focus in on the wrong issue(s).

The phone is jailbroken? That doesn't sound like your problem.

The battery is dead? Is it dead or just drained from not being able to be charged? The $99 sounds like the battery replacement charge.

The charger port is broken? This sounds like the real issue. This is what you need to tell Apple. Will it be covered under warranty? It depends on why it broke. Was it a product defect or did you drop/abuse it? This will determine if it is covered under warranty.

malik1217

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2012
It was charging and my lil sister stepped on the cord by accident (shes only 5) and it ripped out causing the little prongs to fall out an now the battery is completley dead also it doesnt show the little red battery with the USB and lightning symbol anymore. I think its completley dead. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.