Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:54 AM   #26
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by abshole765 View Post
So you're saying NO running app will drain the battery or have cell usage because its in the background?

Yes, because they aren't "running" in the background. There are tons of write ups on how this works, I suggest googling to read some of them.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:19 PM   #27
C DM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Master View Post
I guess probably because I can remember what to do each day, and usually stick my head out the window to check the weather. Hourly updates for things like rain would be nice, but requires going to the weather app in the end.
If you have a number of different meetings during different days it can certainly be useful.

Sounds like you are mostly referring to the Today part of the Notification Center, not the whole Notification Center, as that is very useful to many people simply for...notifications.

----------

Quote:
So you're saying NO running app will drain the battery or have cell usage because its in the background?

There are some, and there can be some that might have some issues and get stuck or something like that. In those cases it might make sense to close them (if needed), but that's mainly it.
C DM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:24 PM   #28
jww062
macrumors member

Quote:

That's why when you switch apps, it takes a second for it to load and many of them actually fully reload if it's something pulling in live content from the internet, whereas it would normally update less obviously if it were during live usage -- because it almost treats it as if the app is just opening.
jww062 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7