Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Hello,

I make quite a lot of videos, mainly of automotive events, so I thought I should create my own video thread instead of creating a separate one for every video. These videos are nothing special. Just plain boring YouTube videos but they're alright when you want to kill some at in between class or at work hah.

Here are a few to start things off:

Enjoy
Mike

EDIT:

If posting my videos for sharing purposes are against MacRumors rules then may a moderator or administrator please delete this thread. I don't want to cause anyone any trouble over here. Thanks

Last edited:

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Not being rude but forums are for help,problems and anything to do with the format of video. You did mention boring so why keep drill this on YouTube.
Nice cars and nicely shot.:confused:

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
^
There's a photo of the day thread and other photography display threads on here so why not a video thread?

If posting my videos for sharing purposes are against MacRumors rules then may a moderator or administrator please delete this thread. I don't want to cause anyone any trouble over here. Thanks

Last edited:

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
good point.. i see no problem with sharing your work.

Thanks! That means a lot. I went to a little car show over the weekend. I screwed everything up. I'm having such a hard time walking around with the Glidecam HD2000. I can't seem to get that smooth flow but I guess that comes with practice?

Here's a little video of the car show with what little footage I got

jpine

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
I think if you slow down 50% or so you'll have better results. You can also think about limiting each shot to a single axis instead of mixing movements until you get the hang of things.

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
No matter how steady I hold the Glidecam HD2000, it still shakes a tiny bit. I don't notice it when I'm using the stabilizer but once I upload the footage on my computer, everything is shaky and I'm completely disgusted. I ruin everything.

another video gone wrong but I'll keep on trying.

Policar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2004
No matter how steady I hold the Glidecam HD2000, it still shakes a tiny bit. I don't notice it when I'm using the stabilizer but once I upload the footage on my computer, everything is shaky and I'm completely disgusted. I ruin everything.

another video gone wrong but I'll keep on trying.

YouTube: video

Be careful to balance it exactly as the manual states, when thrust backward and forward quickly the camera can't swing at all in any axis. It needs to be stable in three axes, which is trickier for a smaller camera than for a larger one.

Beyond that, steadicams only stabilize in three of six axes (the three that the MOVI, for comparison, does not stabilize), but also the three that post stabilization cannot correct.

Using Adobe's warp stabilize, for instance, you might be able to get a really smooth six-axis stabilized even image with less-than-perfect footage, but make sure to let the steadicam to the brunt of the work.

You can get great ops (with or without camera) for cheap, too. $600-$1000/day and you can have "feature" quality ops work for you with big rigs that can be modified to simulate the feel of a big or small camera with any camera. Worth it if you can't get the shot yourself and have it in the budget for sure!

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
For a minute I thought this was a guy called Michael Schmidt posting under another alias (Normally he goes by michaschmidt).

I think he does similar car videos but I only found this one, maybe you can grab some inspiration from him:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.