Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:12 PM   #1
Xeep
macrumors newbie

Online printing Aperture vs. Lightroom

So I've been using Aperture since 1.0 but am seriously contemplating jumping to Lightroom given Apple's lack of support recently on not just Aperture but all their software. From what I've read, the functionality seems pretty similar so that shouldn't be a problem. One thing I could see myself missing though is the integration of online printing. I've been quite pleased with the results whenever I've gotten photos through Apple, though the last time it took over a month to receive my order and I had to print them elsewhere. The photo books are great though. I see that there's a Blurb plug-in for Lightroom. I've gotten a book from Blurb before, but the quality just wasn't the same as through Apple.
So the question is, what online printing services do others use that give a good balance between quality and cost for books, prints, whatever?
Xeep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Edge100
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeep View Post
So I've been using Aperture since 1.0 but am seriously contemplating jumping to Lightroom given Apple's lack of support recently on not just Aperture but all their software. From what I've read, the functionality seems pretty similar so that shouldn't be a problem. One thing I could see myself missing though is the integration of online printing. I've been quite pleased with the results whenever I've gotten photos through Apple, though the last time it took over a month to receive my order and I had to print them elsewhere. The photo books are great though. I see that there's a Blurb plug-in for Lightroom. I've gotten a book from Blurb before, but the quality just wasn't the same as through Apple.
So the question is, what online printing services do others use that give a good balance between quality and cost for books, prints, whatever?
I've had very good results with Blurb, especially with colour images on their ProLine papers. Their B&W isn't great (I see a lot of cyan in them), but the colour photos are great, and the quality of the book itself is very high.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography