Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

splitpea

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Among the starlings
For some reason, Photoshop CS5 seems to be showing in its font list about a third of the fonts I have installed on my machine. Most of the ones it's showing are disabled in FontBook. Some of the ones that are enabled aren't showing in CS5.

I've tried clearing the font caches to no avail.

Anyone else having this sort of problem? Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Thanks!

splitpea

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Among the starlings
Thanks. Does that mean I'd have to do that with every font I install from here out? And is there a way to get it to ignore those disabled fonts?

:mad: For $2000, why can't Adobe produce software that isn't just a huge bundle of bugs?

Suspended
Jan 9, 2010
My problem is that when/e I click on the text tool it takes like 5 minutes to load it, then it takes 5 minutes to click to place the blinker then it takes 30secs-5 minutes to type the text and then another 45 secs to click away. Even when I just click on the layer it drives me nuts. I don't know if it's because I have so many fonts, but it drives me nuts; also I'm using CS5.

Someone should def. replace Adobe. They're a pathetic company.

splitpea

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Among the starlings
My problem is that when/e I click on the text tool it takes like 5 minutes to load it, then it takes 5 minutes to click to place the blinker then it takes 30secs-5 minutes to type the text and then another 45 secs to click away. Even when I just click on the layer it drives me nuts. I don't know if it's because I have so many fonts, but it drives me nuts; also I'm using CS5.

Someone should def. replace Adobe. They're a pathetic company.

Yup. And if it would just pay attention to the fact that most of them are disabled, everything would go a heck of a lot more smoothly.

I spent 2 hours waiting on hold yesterday just to speak to a tech support rep in India (Pakistan?) with such a thick accent we could barely understand each other. When installing the disappearing fonts in a new profile, they showed up just fine in Photoshop's list, but he wouldn't help me troubleshoot why (he insisted it was permissions, but believe me, I checked permissions). And then he hung up on me.

On the plus side, reinstalling some of the fonts has helped. So since I have no intention of redoing the week's worth of work I spent setting up this profile, I have to track down 500 problem fonts and uninstall and reinstall them.

Because Adobe can't get their ****ing act together.

Oh, and still no solution for the ones that are showing up that shouldn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.