Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jul 24, 2013, 05:25 PM   #1
bostich
macrumors newbie

How to make Finder always open a new window in the same view

I would like Finder to always open a new window in list view. So I set a random folder to list view, went into the view options and chose "use as default".
Still, if I set a folder to column view and then close the Finder window, the next time I open a new window this folder will still be set to column view. Is this the intended behavior? What's the point in setting a default view if it's not used by default for new windows?
bostich is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search