Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
WTF are you all talking about. If its a 4,4S,or 5 it ALL WORKS THE SAME.

Dude, please stop posting just so that you can get to 7000 post count. No one cares how many post you got. That is the only reason I can think you are posting like every 2 or three post down. I already stated that the cameras are in different locations on the front. I didn't say anything about them working differently. Stop with the douchebag comments.

The original post said nothing about the color of the iphone so I went with something that didn't require color to identify if it was a 4S or a 5 model, which the front facing camera (if you happen to have both a 4/4S model iphone and 5 model in front of you, like I do, or look up on the internet) you will notice that the cameras are in different locations on the front.

There are numerous other ways to identify it as well. The back of the iphone is have matte black or white versus all glass. The black has a black metal frame for the 5 versus the naked steal of the 4/4S. The 5 has a 4" screen, the 4/4S has 3.5". There is a noise cancelling mic on the back of the phone between the flash and camera on the 5, not there on the 4/4S. Lighting port versus 30 pin connector. Headphone connector on the bottom versus the top.

I posted my comment with limited information from the OP when the topic first popped up. No need to be stupid with your comments and attack other people. Other than checking back to see who/what was posted against my comments I haven't even checked the thread since I didn't care who's phone it was or what was going on with it. I was just trying to provide some helpful information at the time for the OP. Bash away if you need to release some pent up aggression and stress. Would rather you do your internet tough guy thing here than go out and go postal on people because apparently you must be stressed out and feel the need to pick on other people. Good luck with that.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
I dont see any problem in helping a user, for some people its hard to search stuff like these or when they find a website they hardly understand what to do.

Enjoy your new iphone op just to bad its not a 4s.

I would say something but it seems you've done the damage yourself.

Dude, please stop posting just so that you can get to 7000 post count. No one cares how many post you got. That is the only reason I can think you are posting like every 2 or three post down. I already stated that the cameras are in different locations on the front. I didn't say anything about them working differently. Stop with the douchebag comments.

The original post said nothing about the color of the iphone so I went with something that didn't require color to identify if it was a 4S or a 5 model, which the front facing camera (if you happen to have both a 4/4S model iphone and 5 model in front of you, like I do, or look up on the internet) you will notice that the cameras are in different locations on the front.

There are numerous other ways to identify it as well. The back of the iphone is have matte black or white versus all glass. The black has a black metal frame for the 5 versus the naked steal of the 4/4S. The 5 has a 4" screen, the 4/4S has 3.5". There is a noise cancelling mic on the back of the phone between the flash and camera on the 5, not there on the 4/4S. Lighting port versus 30 pin connector. Headphone connector on the bottom versus the top.

I posted my comment with limited information from the OP when the topic first popped up. No need to be stupid with your comments and attack other people. Other than checking back to see who/what was posted against my comments I haven't even checked the thread since I didn't care who's phone it was or what was going on with it. I was just trying to provide some helpful information at the time for the OP. Bash away if you need to release some pent up aggression and stress. Would rather you do your internet tough guy thing here than go out and go postal on people because apparently you must be stressed out and feel the need to pick on other people. Good luck with that.

Not trying to rack a post count, I saw your post after I had posted already and just hit the reply button again. Check my stats. 0.39/Day

What I was getting at is that none of that matters. A little harsh, yes. All the OP wanted was to get past the pass code. Doesn't matter the model, it's irrelevant.

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
I would say something but it seems you've done the damage yourself.

Not trying to rack a post count, I saw your post after I had posted already and just hit the reply button again. Check my stats. 0.39/Day

What I was getting at is that none of that matters. A little harsh, yes. All the OP wanted was to get past the pass code. Doesn't matter the model, it's irrelevant.

Ok, gotcha. I think the 2nd post threw me off of the intent of the thread. That is my bad and I am the moron then apparently. Sorry about that.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
first of all...you would know the difference between a iphone 4s and an iphone 5.

what exactly are you trying to do. Get beyond the passcode?

----------

So steal phone is your advice. Verizon can find out who the phone was last registered.

----------

agreed. And he is looking for some one to give them the easy way around the passcode.

It's not stealing if he found it, made a reasonable effort to give it back and had no success. Do you really think finding the owner of a cell phone is a priority for the police?

Monday briefing in police headquarters. An enlarged picture of the returned iphone is on an easel, the police chief stating "We must find the owner of this iPHone, Johnson, drop what you're doing and make this your top priority!"
:rolleyes:

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
It's not stealing if he found it, made a reasonable effort to give it back and had no success. Do you really think finding the owner of a cell phone is a priority for the police?

Monday briefing in police headquarters. An enlarged picture of the returned iphone is on an easel, the police chief stating "We must find the owner of this iPHone, Johnson, drop what you're doing and make this your top priority!"
:rolleyes:

Not at all, but if you bring the phone in to any verizon store they can find the owner. And really....found in his back yard.

You must not have any kids if you believe that story. :rolleyes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.