Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jun 14, 2013, 07:24 AM   #76
Cox Orange
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobegong View Post
Reasonably happy to report that all the above sites work perfectly with the exception of sportschau.de where the spinning circle when the video loads just keeps spinning and no video actually shows.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyChris View Post
Why were you on Bon Prix??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goftrey View Post
Are you a chick or do you just like to dress up?
Haha! Good "point"! My mother isn't that capable of using the web and furthermore, they have men's wear in their catalogue, while the actual stores do not have men's wear. Their catalogue is one of the rare ones that have jeans for tall thin persons. But unfortunately I am still to thin or tall, so I had no luck with their offers, too.

Yesterday bitburger.de refused to let me use their site, before I would download one of 8 browsers they suggested (which all are Intel only ). They didn't like me to use Safari or Firefox. Sunrise did work then. The others would have worked, too, but it was imposssible to click anywere with the message "please download one of these newer browsers" in front. With sunrise the message did not come up.

On sportschau.de: I asked them why they not use html5 and they answered, if it detects that you do not have fitting flash version it automatically switches to html5 for smartphones, but it didn't.

I can use the bonprix site with Safari, but not with Firefox, by the way. I still use Firefox as main because of the video download helper (which others mentioned above).
Cox Orange is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:32 AM   #77
MrPilot
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
The problem with Roccat and most of the other Webkit based browsers is that out of the box they use the outdated, Apple supplied frameworks that came with Safari 5.0.6.
I was maybe wrong then. I thought safari in webkit for leopard was not a "framework" but rather "a front end" using webkit as "back end" or "frameworks" as you called it.

See, the confusing part is that webkit2 is being inserted into webkit for leopard. Surely that must be the engine? And that would make it quite capable?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox Orange View Post
Thank you!

Haha! Good "point"! My mother isn't that capable of using the web and furthermore, they have men's wear in their catalogue, while the actual stores do not have men's wear. Their catalogue is one of the rare ones that have jeans for tall thin persons. But unfortunately I am still to thin or tall, so I had no luck with their offers, too.

Yesterday bitburger.de refused to let me use their site, before I would download one of 8 browsers they suggested (which all are Intel only ). They didn't like me to use Safari or Firefox. Sunrise did work then. The others would have worked, too, but it was imposssible to click anywere with the message "please download one of these newer browsers" in front. With sunrise the message did not come up.

On sportschau.de: I asked them why they not use html5 and they answered, if it detects that you do not have fitting flash version it automatically switches to html5 for smartphones, but it didn't.

I can use the bonprix site with Safari, but not with Firefox, by the way. I still use Firefox as main because of the video download helper (which others mentioned above).
Btw, that shopping site worked fine on powerboko G4 with webkit for leopard. I even got the intro to play. I have click to flash installed, so I had to right click "load all plugins" and it all worked fine.
MrPilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:22 PM   #78
B-G
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPilot View Post
I was maybe wrong then. I thought safari in webkit for leopard was not a "framework" but rather "a front end" using webkit as "back end" or "frameworks" as you called it.

See, the confusing part is that webkit2 is being inserted into webkit for leopard. Surely that must be the engine? And that would make it quite capable?
This old post from Cameron Kaiser should clarify things a bit.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 01:31 PM   #79
MrPilot
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Thanks, will check it out!

----------

Quote:
Ok, had a good read and verifies what I was saying; Safari being a front-end or "shell" for webkit, which is the back-end or "frame-work".
If they actually do go with webkit2 framework or not remains to be seen. But it sure looks like it
MrPilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 02:47 PM   #80
Cox Orange
macrumors 65816

post deleted by myself.

Last edited by Cox Orange; Jun 24, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 04:21 PM   #81
B-G
macrumors regular

Cox Orange,
I did read your post, but I have been extremely busy in the last few days, so I didn't find the time to answer. Sorry it took me so long to post this.
If I remember correctly you were asking what are the most secure Webkit based and Gecko based browsers.
To be perfectly honest I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to properly answer that question. The reason I use L-W and TFF is that I think they offer the best balance between security and functionality. They both use extensions, and those can be a game changer. NoScript is a big security enhancer. Although I don't use it, Ghostery seems very interesting too, and it runs on both browsers. I also use Glimmer Blocker to filter javascript, ads and social networks widgets, and I'm considering switching to Privoxy, that seems to be even more powerful, doesn't require Java and runs on Linux too,
I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 04:35 PM   #82
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
post deleted by myself.
That doesn't make you any less a girl

Bon Prix is OK don't worry
GermanyChris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:43 PM   #83
Cox Orange
macrumors 65816

Thank you B-G!

Quote:
That doesn't make you any less a girl

Bon Prix is OK don't worry
Hihi *giggling girlish* the post I deleted was, I was asking if one can judge by a web browser's design (I guess using "design" does only bring me into further trouble ) - meaning architecture) whether it is a more save browser or not.

I deleted it in a girlish effort, to not seem stupid and embarrass myself. I thought nobody is answering, because the question is sooo damn stupid, that I actually should know this myself.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:52 PM   #84
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Thank you B-G!

Hihi *giggling girlish* the post I deleted was, I was asking if one can judge by a web browser's design (I guess using "design" does only bring me into further trouble ) - meaning architecture) whether it is a more save browser or not.

I deleted it in a girlish effort, to not seem stupid and embarrass myself. I thought nobody is answering, because the question is sooo damn stupid, that I actually should know this myself.

It's OK go on in German that's what my wife does

I understand I mad and it's your fault it deutsche
GermanyChris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 06:34 PM   #85
Cox Orange
macrumors 65816

Quote:
It's OK go on in German that's what my wife does

I understand I mad and it's your fault it deutsche
???????????????????????????????

Is that still friendly kidding or already being mean?

Last edited by Cox Orange; Jun 24, 2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 09:01 AM   #86
B-G
macrumors regular

The latest release of ClickToPlugin (2.8.4) integrates the YouTube Flash Proxy extension, and can be used on Youtube without installing Flash or the ClickToFlash plugin (which is still needed for all the other sites, though).
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:09 AM   #87
gooser
macrumors regular

tips and tricks for doing without flash? very easy for me. when i am on the internet i either have music or a tv playing in the background. or silence. the last thing i want is for the internet to be talking to me. so i guess the easiest way to do without flash is to have no use for it.
gooser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 09:16 AM   #88
Member2010
macrumors member

Lightbulb the easy fix

My tips and tricks for life without flash:

1. Terminate it - not life itself , just the "without flash" part. It takes all of three minutes to install it and enable plugins in TenFourFox and I find that I don't have any problems.

::
Member2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:01 AM   #89
Nameci
macrumors 68000

Send a message via MSN to Nameci Send a message via Yahoo to Nameci Send a message via Skype™ to Nameci
I have no use for anything flash. Removed it even on my intel macs.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:22 AM   #90
Alanbangkok
macrumors newbie

No flash player installed for my Safari
In case of necessity I switch to Chrome
Alanbangkok is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:27 AM   #91
rabidz7
Banned

Location: Isla De Juventud, south Havana provence, Cincinnati Ohio
Quote:
Thank you B-G!

What are you snortin?
rabidz7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:13 PM   #92
ihuman:D
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanbangkok View Post
No flash player installed for my Safari
In case of necessity I switch to Chrome
You can't run Chrome on PowerPC Macs.
ihuman:D is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2013, 11:38 PM   #93
Alanbangkok
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihuman:D View Post
You can't run Chrome on PowerPC Macs.
have Intel MBP
Alanbangkok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2013, 11:35 AM   #94
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanbangkok View Post
have Intel MBP
This is the PowerPC forum.
MisterKeeks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:23 AM   #95
Alanbangkok
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKeeks View Post
This is the PowerPC forum.
sorry man i make in a wrong place
regards
Alanbangkok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2014, 03:18 PM   #96
B-G
macrumors regular

I updated the info.plist file for the old ClickToFlash plugin (see first post) to match the new Flash 12.0.0.38

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Tags
clicktoflash, clicktoplugin, no flash, powerpc, youtube5