Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Nov 4, 2012, 12:33 PM   #1
hepcat72
macrumors newbie

Why does't this script add a face in iPhoto?

Hi,

I want to create a script that I can assign to a keyboard shortcut that will allow me to add a face to a displayed iPhoto pic. I created an automator workflow that does it, but it takes between 5-10 seconds to run (not the boost in efficiency I was looking for). I wrote a script that I was sure would do it, but while it runs without error, it does't actually add a face. Here's the script. Anyone have any idea why it doesn't work or how to fix it? I had used the Accessibility inspector and an applescript that generates the scripting interface to iPhoto to show me the scriptable elements used in this script:

Code:
tell application "iPhoto"
activate tell application "System Events"
tell process "iPhoto"
click (static text 2 of window 1) display dialog "DEBUG: Value of static text: " & (value of static text 2 of window 1)
end tell
end tell
end tell
Incidentally, the debug message shows the string to be "Add a face...".

Thanks,
Rob
hepcat72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming