Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
I love the keyboard, but I noticed after cleaning the screen really well, the keyboard left a permanent line/partial line on the screen.

I would recommend that anyone with this keyboard, be very careful. Pics will be coming later if I can get it to show up on camera.

Approx 5 months of usage. :mad:

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
Always use a screen protector!

I hate screen protectors. They change the feel, the clarity, and they look crappy after just a little use. I like to keep my products simple. Usually put them in a sleve when not being used.

I have since moved away from the ipad 3 and the logitech keyboard since the Mini is out. But the screen protector idea would work for others.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
I love the keyboard, but I noticed after cleaning the screen really well, the keyboard left a permanent line/partial line on the screen.

I would recommend that anyone with this keyboard, be very careful. Pics will be coming later if I can get it to show up on camera.

Thanks for the heads up.. and sorry about your iPad :(

Random 995K

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012

Just wondering if you could post some images please. :)

ninermac

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011

Interestingly enough... My wife and I both have this keyboard. Hers was bought new and min refurbished a month or 2 later.

Hers had a rubber strip under the lip where the iPad edge goes like it was to protect the edge of the iPad during use. Mine came with that same rubber strip affixes to the top of that edge which prevents contact between screen and keyboard in the exact spot you have your line...

Wondering if it was designed to have the rubber where my refurb was originally, but manufacturing messed up placement. Out on travel, will upload a pic once I'm back at home.

VGuitarist

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
Keyboard Permanently Damaged My Screen Protector

Didn't see this forum before purchasing a Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover (920-004013).

Love the keyboard design. However....after 3 days of use, I noticed a deep horizontal line across my Zagg screen protector. The iPad 3 sits in a slot on the keyboard with sides slightly raised above the keyboard surface. My screen protector now has a permanent impression of the slot :mad:

Giuly

macrumors 68040
I hate screen protectors. They change the feel, the clarity, and they look crappy after just a little use. I like to keep my products simple. Usually put them in a sleve when not being used.

I have since moved away from the ipad 3 and the logitech keyboard since the Mini is out. But the screen protector idea would work for others.

You didn't try the Spigen GLAS.t yet, did you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.