Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hssky97

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
I am using a Macbook Late 2008 Unibody and have encountered a networking issue that I haven't been able to solve myself. The machine connects to my home and work networks and other public networks, however it has no internet connection. Usually when this happens I, 1.) Restart the router 2.) See if DNS servers/other settings are in check 3.) Renew DHCP lease. Every other computer has been able to connect to my home network. What I've noticed is the IP address of the Macbook has remained constant no matter what network I am on, its formatted as 198.xx.xx.xxx. I could not get it change for the life of me, configuring manually through IPv4 or anything. Usually it is in the form of 64.xxx.xxx.xx. I am currently connected through Ethernet and the Ethernet connection's IP is in fact in the 64.xxx.xxx.xx format. I don't know if the issue is right under my nose or what. If someone knows, please respond, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! :apple:

jlehman

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2013
DNS maybe?

Minus out any DNS Servers you have listed on the DNS tab in Network Setting. Then do a Renew DHCP Lease from the TCP/IP tab. See if that helps. Maybe we could also specify Google's DNS as a secondary or third. See if this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.