Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
OK, not quite original... it's a second generation Bondi Blue 350MHz G3 iMac. 8MB ATI graphics, 7GB hard disk, maximum 1GB[?] RAM.

Apparently in perfect working condition. Won it on ebay for $20. Pick it up in a couple of weeks.

It does *appear* to be a great specimen, no damage and working fine.

The story goes as such: I got drunk and bid on a whole lot of stuff on eBay I didn't expect to win. Yeah. This iMac is one such article. I've always wanted an original iMac and now it looks like I got one.

As far as I can tell, the original G3 iMacs are already starting to appreciate, most especially if working, since they're kinda iconic.

Thoughts?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
That happens to be the lesser of the two 350Mhz G3 iMacs. It lacks an Airport card slot where the 1999 350Mhz one has a slot. Along with the other 350Mhz model, that one lacks FireWire and VGA out.

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
That happens to be the lesser of the two 350Mhz G3 iMacs. It lacks an Airport card slot where the 1999 350Mhz one has a slot. Along with the other 350Mhz model, that one lacks FireWire and VGA out.
Ah. I guess it goes into the deep dark storage pits beneath the house then.

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
Storage.

Make sure you remove the pram battery before storage or you won't have a Mac left when you pull it out. Just remember that it took 20 years before anyone wanted the pre jobs macs. They made a lot of iMacs, just like they are making lots more macs now. They may never get to the status of the TAM or color classic.

Zeke D

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2011
Arizona
I had six or seven of these ranging from 350mhz to 600mhz. I couldn't even give them away, nobody wants them. Fortunately I am down to only a 600mhz and 500mhz left. Comically, there is a moron on my local Craigslist trying to sell one of these for $150 without a genuine keyboard or mouse... So I relisted mine with a genuine keyboard for $40. We shall see...

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
As far as I can tell, the original G3 iMacs are already starting to appreciate, most especially if working, since they're kinda iconic.

Thoughts?

I haven't noticed any change in G3 iMac values here in the U.S., they're still about 0, unfortunately. But since most of them were sold here, there are tons of them still out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.