Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 1, 2013, 03:43 PM   #1
niuniu
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A man of the people. The right sort of people.
Serbian PM gets pranked

Ex-Playboy model goes knickerless and poses as TV presenter. TV crew set up interview and she flashes him Sharon Stone style mid interview.

It's edited, but lets call it NSFW anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_swdEx4btew

Would love to see our PM pranked like this. Or Gordon Brown, he'd have had a heart attack
niuniu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Scepticalscribe
Contributor
 
Scepticalscribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kite flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by niuniu View Post
Ex-Playboy model goes knickerless and poses as TV presenter. TV crew set up interview and she flashes him Sharon Stone style mid interview.

It's edited, but lets call it NSFW anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_swdEx4btew

Would love to see our PM pranked like this. Or Gordon Brown, he'd have had a heart attack
Hmm. Not at all sure that this is my idea of what is supposed to be fun. It is not really clever, and I don't see it as especially original. Pranking should be subtle, intelligent as well as pointed and political. This is neither. Besides, I suppose I have a few additional reservations.

Firstly, the office of PM - by virtue of being the office - deserves, to my mind, some respect. Mock their policies, interrogate their ideals, monitor their laws, but show a modicum of respect to the office of an elected head of government.

Secondly, even though the lady in question clearly initiated it (or was party to this prank), I'd prefer if women on TV occasionally could be viewed in terms of something more than their appearance, their looks, or putative sexual appeal, knickerless or not.

And thirdly, much more importantly, while almost insane at some level, even grotesquely hilarious, Serbian politics are not as funny as some think, even in recent times. This is a country which had a revolution in 2000, and where the continued survival of democratic values, parties and ideals remains on a knife-edge, as those who see themselves as democrats try to face down those who represent the demons of the more recent past and its accompanying atrocities.

Worth noting is the fact that it is also a country where a former President of Serbia, (Mr Ivan Stambolic), the guy who preceded Mr Slobodan Milosevic, (and who lost office at the end of 1987, essentially for being too sane and moderate on simmering questions of nationalism) was kidnapped and murdered while out jogging in 2000, apparently on the orders of his successor, Mr Milosevic. And, it is also the country where the democratically elected Prime Minister, Mr Zoran Djindjic, was assassinated in 2003, as he attempted to balance himself and his crutches while trying to get into his official car (the fool had broken his leg playing soccer), allowing what is thought to have been a special forces operative to get a clean shot at his head.

If Mr Cameron were to be pranked, I would like to see it done in a barbed, pointed, intelligent and above all, political manner. As was done on Irish TV (RTÉ) over ten years ago with Mr Gerry Adams.....
Scepticalscribe is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:59 PM   #3
duneriderltr450
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
Hmm. Not at all sure that this is my idea of what is supposed to be fun. It is not really clever, and I don't see it as especially original. Pranking should be subtle, intelligent as well as pointed and political. This is neither. Besides, I suppose I have a few additional reservations.

Firstly, the office of PM - by virtue of being the office - deserves, to my mind, some respect. Mock their policies, interrogate their ideals, monitor their laws, but show a modicum of respect to the office of an elected head of government.

Secondly, even though the lady in question clearly initiated it (or was party to this prank), I'd prefer if women on TV occasionally could be viewed in terms of something more than their appearance, their looks, or putative sexual appeal, knickerless or not.

And thirdly, much more importantly, while almost insane at some level, even grotesquely hilarious, Serbian politics are not as funny as some think, even in recent times. This is a country which had a revolution in 2000, and where the continued survival of democratic values, parties and ideals remains on a knife-edge, as those who see themselves as democrats try to face down those who represent the demons of the more recent past and its accompanying atrocities.

Worth noting is the fact that it is also a country where a former President of Serbia, (Mr Ivan Stambolic), the guy who preceded Mr Slobodan Milosevic, (and who lost office at the end of 1987, essentially for being too sane and moderate on simmering questions of nationalism) was kidnapped and murdered while out jogging in 2000, apparently on the orders of his successor, Mr Milosevic. And, it is also the country where the democratically elected Prime Minister, Mr Zoran Djindjic, was assassinated in 2003, as he attempted to balance himself and his crutches while trying to get into his official car (the fool had broken his leg playing soccer), allowing what is thought to have been a special forces operative to get a clean shot at his head.

If Mr Cameron were to be pranked, I would like to see it done in a barbed, pointed, intelligent and above all, political manner. As was done on Irish TV (RTÉ) over ten years ago with Mr Gerry Adams.....
Don't get your knickers in a bunch.
duneriderltr450 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Scepticalscribe
Contributor
 
Scepticalscribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kite flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by duneriderltr450 View Post
Don't get your knickers in a bunch.
Is that funny ha-ha, or a feeble attempt to be funny, or just a trite piece of witless patronising condescension on your part?

If you know anything about Serbian politics (and I suspect that you do not) then I doubt you will see the side splitting aspects of that 'prank'.
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 06:33 PM   #5
Happybunny
macrumors 68000
 
Happybunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 's-Hertogenbosch Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
Hmm. Not at all sure that this is my idea of what is supposed to be fun. It is not really clever, and I don't see it as especially original. Pranking should be subtle, intelligent as well as pointed and political. This is neither. Besides, I suppose I have a few additional reservations.

Firstly, the office of PM - by virtue of being the office - deserves, to my mind, some respect. Mock their policies, interrogate their ideals, monitor their laws, but show a modicum of respect to the office of an elected head of government.

Secondly, even though the lady in question clearly initiated it (or was party to this prank), I'd prefer if women on TV occasionally could be viewed in terms of something more than their appearance, their looks, or putative sexual appeal, knickerless or not.

And thirdly, much more importantly, while almost insane at some level, even grotesquely hilarious, Serbian politics are not as funny as some think, even in recent times. This is a country which had a revolution in 2000, and where the continued survival of democratic values, parties and ideals remains on a knife-edge, as those who see themselves as democrats try to face down those who represent the demons of the more recent past and its accompanying atrocities.

Worth noting is the fact that it is also a country where a former President of Serbia, (Mr Ivan Stambolic), the guy who preceded Mr Slobodan Milosevic, (and who lost office at the end of 1987, essentially for being too sane and moderate on simmering questions of nationalism) was kidnapped and murdered while out jogging in 2000, apparently on the orders of his successor, Mr Milosevic. And, it is also the country where the democratically elected Prime Minister, Mr Zoran Djindjic, was assassinated in 2003, as he attempted to balance himself and his crutches while trying to get into his official car (the fool had broken his leg playing soccer), allowing what is thought to have been a special forces operative to get a clean shot at his head.

If Mr Cameron were to be pranked, I would like to see it done in a barbed, pointed, intelligent and above all, political manner. As was done on Irish TV (RTÉ) over ten years ago with Mr Gerry Adams.....
I feel exactly the same way about David Beckham being confused as a real footballer just based on his looks.

But I do take your point that Balkan politics is far from a laughing matter.

The Balkans is cesspool that we in Europe will one day have to drain.
__________________
'You cannot undo history, but you can learn from it'

Last edited by Happybunny; Feb 2, 2013 at 02:22 AM.
Happybunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 06:37 PM   #6
niuniu
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A man of the people. The right sort of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post

If Mr Cameron were to be pranked, I would like to see it done in a barbed, pointed, intelligent and above all, political manner. As was done on Irish TV (RTÉ) over ten years ago with Mr Gerry Adams.....
If you follow British politics, you'll know that our satire is repetitively 'barbed, pointed, intelligent and political'.

Nothing wrong with taking the stick out and lightening up once in a while.
niuniu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 06:40 PM   #7
Peace
macrumors P6
 
Peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Space--The ONLY Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by niuniu View Post
If you follow British politics, you'll know that our satire is repetitively 'barbed, pointed, intelligent and political'.

Nothing wrong with taking the stick out and lightening up once in a while.
Here here !

I wish the US congress was like parliament . I could watch those for days. Very entertaining.
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 06:43 PM   #8
niuniu
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A man of the people. The right sort of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Here here !

I wish the US congress was like parliament . I could watch those for days. Very entertaining.
Was better when they took PMQs lagered up
niuniu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:32 PM   #9
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God
 
Shrink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by duneriderltr450 View Post
Don't get your knickers in a bunch.
Um...I would think twice before mocking Scepticalscribe in the area of international relations or diplomacy.

Trust me...you're in WAY over your head...
__________________
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. -- Albert Einstein
Shrink is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 02:10 AM   #10
Puevlo
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Considering the unnatural horrors that Serbs have unleashed upon their neighbours in recent times I think they have no reason to complain.
Puevlo is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pranked Nurse Found Dead Mac'nCheese Politics, Religion, Social Issues 250 Dec 14, 2012 05:49 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC