Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
I have settled on using Circus Ponies Notebook on my MBP to organize my work projects to include inserting applicable files, emails, and random notes from mettings within the different project notebooks and outlines.

I would like a handwriting app to take handwritten notes during meetings to then import the notes to 1) the notes part of Outlook calendar for that meeting and 2) the applicable notebook and subsection within circus ponies. Most meetings and conversations have notes that apply to many different projects. I'd also like to annotate PDFs to then import to Notebook for reference.

Can anybody recommend/comment on using iPad notes apps in conjunction with Circus Ponies Notebook computer app? I'm also game for experiences and processes on how folks use notes apps with any other computer based notebook/project management apps.

I have looked at CP Notebook for iPad, but syncing with the computer version seems to have issues and it doesn't seem like the best fit for how I want to utilize note taking. I'm open to suggestions though.

Last edited:

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
My favourite note taking app for hand writing is Notability, which I've written about here. You can export your hand written notes as PDF, and you can also import PDFs and annotate them in Notability.

Regarding CPN sync between iPad and mac, I use MacDropAny to keep my CPN folder on my mac in sync with my CPN iPad folder on DropBox. It works very well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.