Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 23, 2011
Question,

Recently I broke free of Sprint (best decision ever) and use a GPP sim to override the Sprint code and have my iPhone 4s accept a regular SIM in the US. I am currently on Net10.

My question is, do I have to hold off on updating to iOS 7? Get another GPP sim? Anyone remembers how it was from 5 to 6?

moemoe34567

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
GPP sim and IOS 7

I am currently updating my iphone 4s to ios 7. I use the GPP sim to unlock my iphone to Tmobile. Ill let you know afterwards if the GPP sim will continue to work.

Update: after about an hour of trying and trying to reflash the gpp sim once more i still cant get service. I have tried everything and still nothing. hopefully they push an update for the gpp sim to unlock ios 7

Last edited:

estevanrios

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
I can confirm it works. I got my phone to get service with it no problem as soon as update finished it worked. Try going to settings phone sim lock and enter 0000 and reboot and then turn if it still says no service turn airplane mode on then off. Hope this works for you!

http://twitter.com/estevemcqueen/status/347096816963162113/photo/1

Last edited:

moemoe34567

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
how did you get it to work

I can confirm it works. I got my phone to get service with it no problem as soon as update finished it worked. Try going to settings phone sim lock and enter 0000 and reboot and then turn if it still says no service turn airplane mode on then off. Hope this works for you!

can you tell me step by step how you got it to work. I would rather be on ios 7 instead of ios 6 just because most of the tweaks for ios 6 have been incorporated into ios 7. thanks

Lylyluvda916

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012

i did this now and can also confirm it works. you update to ios 7 beta. do not restore. the cert stay on phone.

estevanrios

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2013
can you tell me step by step how you got it to work. I would rather be on ios 7 instead of ios 6 just because most of the tweaks for ios 6 have been incorporated into ios 7. thanks

Just as I said in my first post when I was running firmware 6.1.3 on my iPhone 4S I had the GPP running and the cert installed I just went to settings phone sim pin then entered 0000 then I updated it to ios 7 if it still says no service after the update turn airplane mode of then on

Verzyi

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
got it working on ios 7

i just spent 4 hours and i finally fingered it out i have a iphone 4s runing ios 7 beta 2 and after trying everything above i uninstalled my gpp profile re-installed it and now if works 100%

dm1113

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2013
Please HELP

I have the GPP from spring to tmobile unlock. I did the update IOS 7 and it does not work I have a 4s and now my phone does not work it didn't go back to tmobile again

PLEASE HELPP!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

chrissyakelley

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2013
Iphone 4s GPP SIM 6.1.3 StraightTalk

Switched my verizon iphone 4s to StraightTalk using the GPP sim on IOS 6.1.3 at the end of August.. I am wanting to update to IOS 7. In doing research I am reading that others have been able to update to IOS 7 using existing GPP by either installing a patch or by resetting the SIM PIN.. Wanted to verify that they were using the GPP 6.1.3 when they updated to IOS 7 before I update. Thank you for your help!!

rnbgrilla

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2012
The GPP sim won't work with the iOS 7GM/Public Release/7.0.1/7.0.2.
It's only work with iOS 7 Beta 1/2/3 & 4 I believe, but those will soon expire, or already have, apple fix the exploit used for the GPP sim, so there for you have no choice to updates to iOS 7 GPP user if your on the beta, because Apple is no longer signing any iOS 6.xx software to downgrade, but there's hope, if & when there's a jailbreak for iOS 7, the GPP will live again.

leonsp2

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2013
Brooklyn
Question,

Recently I broke free of Sprint (best decision ever) and use a GPP sim to override the Sprint code and have my iPhone 4s accept a regular SIM in the US. I am currently on Net10.

My question is, do I have to hold off on updating to iOS 7? Get another GPP sim? Anyone remembers how it was from 5 to 6?

it work for some people.
check out http://www.solavei.com/powdarintl to earn free service

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.