Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mauriciom4b

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Brazil
Hi Guys, this is an interesting story....

I created my Apple ID a few years ago. Using my iphone, ipad, mac and everything else with it. Just fine and dandy. Made a bucked load of purchases in these few years. Apps, songs and etc.

3 days ago, I trully don't know what happened, I couldn't get the password for icloud web email (icloud.com) right. I tried everything. Of course, i had to go to iForgot, so I could retrieve my password.

Here is the problem.

A few months ago, I wanted, like most people, change my apple id from that ugly gmail address as user name, and use my cool @me email as the Apple ID. Of course, apple doesn't allow you to do that so, just to use it, i chose my @me to be my secondary verification email.

Now, at iForgot, when I ask to send me an email to reset the password, I'm pretty sure it is sending an email to my secondary email, which is the @me email that I can't access because I don't remember my iCloud password in the first place!! - This is ABSURD!

Secondly, the security questions... My God... God only knows when I created these and chose my "dream job" three years ago... To sum up, I can't get my password reseted if my life depended on it!!!!

But actually, my life does! I have so many important emails on my @me email and contacts, backups and everything on that apple ID. I've tried so many times to reset the password, I'm in the 3rd day in a row locked for 8 hours (apple's security measures) from trying to work this out!

Can anybody help me with this? How come there's no number I can call to verify myself! I'm dying over here.....

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
Hi Guys, this is an interesting story....

I created my Apple ID a few years ago. Using my iphone, ipad, mac and everything else with it. Just fine and dandy. Made a bucked load of purchases in these few years. Apps, songs and etc.

3 days ago, I trully don't know what happened, I couldn't get the password for icloud web email (icloud.com) right. I tried everything. Of course, i had to go to iForgot, so I could retrieve my password.

Here is the problem.

A few months ago, I wanted, like most people, change my apple id from that ugly gmail address as user name, and use my cool @me email as the Apple ID. Of course, apple doesn't allow you to do that so, just to use it, i chose my @me to be my secondary verification email.

Now, at iForgot, when I ask to send me an email to reset the password, I'm pretty sure it is sending an email to my secondary email, which is the @me email that I can't access because I don't remember my iCloud password in the first place!! - This is ABSURD!

Secondly, the security questions... My God... God only knows when I created these and chose my "dream job" three years ago... To sum up, I can't get my password reseted if my life depended on it!!!!

But actually, my life does! I have so many important emails on my @me email and contacts, backups and everything on that apple ID. I've tried so many times to reset the password, I'm in the 3rd day in a row locked for 8 hours (apple's security measures) from trying to work this out!

Can anybody help me with this? How come there's no number I can call to verify myself! I'm dying over here.....

I went through this too.

If you go to apples support site there is a phone number you can call. They will ask you to answer any 2 of your 3 security questions. It appears lenient and non case sensitive. (its case sensitive on the password reset site.) They usually also allow you to just validate the credit card.

If there is no credit card but you still have some way to get to the account on your device, add a credit card through your iDevice, then give them a call.

Good luck.

mauriciom4b

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Brazil
Tried to find this phone number...

I went through this too.

If you go to apples support site there is a phone number you can call. They will ask you to answer any 2 of your 3 security questions. It appears lenient and non case sensitive. (its case sensitive on the password reset site.) They usually also allow you to just validate the credit card.

If there is no credit card but you still have some way to get to the account on your device, add a credit card through your iDevice, then give them a call.

Good luck.

Do you have the number you are talking about? I can't seem to find it. I so upset.....

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.