Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Jul 18, 2013, 09:32 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Evernote Updates iOS App With Shortcuts, Related Notes and Skitch Support

Evernote today updated its app with new features to make it easier for users to organize their notes, including Shortcuts, related notes and Skitch integration.

Shortcuts allows users to "shortcut" important or favorite notes, notebooks and tags so they're available for easy access. These Shortcuts also sync across devices and versions of Evernote so that users can access them everywhere.*Previously, the app had a "Favorite" section that was limited strictly to notes.

The company has also integrated Skitch support into the app, so if users have Skitch installed on their phone they can annotate their images and notes with Skitch and they'll show up in Evernote.

Premium Evernote users get a couple new features too, with the ability to annotate PDF documents with Skitch as well as related notes. With related notes, when a new note is started, Evernote will look through past notes to recommend additional notes that may be helpful.

Evernote for iOS is a universal app that's available for free on the App Store. Evernote Premium is available for $4.99 a month or $44.99 a year. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Evernote Updates iOS App With Shortcuts, Related Notes and Skitch Support
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:00 PM   #2
ipedro
macrumors 68020

Skeuomorphism free version coming?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Simplicated
macrumors 65816

Am I the only one who fails to see the use of related notes?
Simplicated is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:47 AM   #4
vjl323
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicated View Post
I'm a heavy Evernote user, and I find the feature annoying [thankfully you can turn it off!]. It is handy for searches, but not for when you're reading a note or composing one. Perhaps if one is using EN to write a book or research paper and they divide up their work into different notes, the 'related' feature might be useful to see how the current note relates to something they've already referenced. But for me, it's non-feature and seems weird that it's something special enough to EN to enable it only for Premium users.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 04:26 PM   #5
czeano
macrumors newbie

After the Microsofting they pulled on Skitch, I find it appropriate that you can't spell Evernote without EEE.
czeano is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 02:57 AM   #6
Earlio
macrumors newbie

Support Poor Too!

Have had a number of issues with Evernote - not responding on my iMac (though still working on my MBP) - after trying various "fixes" from Evernote the advice was "you can still use the Net version" then each time a new version is released I get a mail sayig "try this version" - no luck so far and so frustrated now that I have switched to Notesuite.

Nice update, if you can get the bloody thing to work.
Earlio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 05:55 AM   #7
Fontane
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicated View Post
I can't stand it.
Fontane is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 04:22 PM   #8
egoistaxx9
macrumors 6502

evernote is really great, one of my favorite apps, but it's really sad to see the premium version priced too high.
egoistaxx9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 06:54 PM   #9
asthamapheo
macrumors 6502

im a big fan of evernote, i've been using it for years, it's the best notes app but i too think that the price is a bit too high.
asthamapheo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 06:08 AM   #10
thefourthpope
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjl323 View Post
It is handy for searches, but not for when you're reading a note or composing one. Perhaps if one is using EN to write a book or research paper and they divide up their work into different notes, the 'related' feature might be useful to see how the current note relates to something they've already referenced.
I use Evernote primarily for organizing my research, and the related notes are still useless. Most of the time they have no actual relevance to whatever note I'm looking at. In my mind, nothing beats a consistent title convention and tags.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 03:29 PM   #11
jonnysods
macrumors 68030

I actually prefer how evernote handles itself on Android.

More and more I find myself using this app. It's excellent. Not sure about getting the premium version though.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:01 PM   #12
opac
macrumors newbie

I was using Evernote for a while, but imo this app isn't the best way to add notes etc
opac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:12 PM   #13
rhett7660
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoistaxx9 View Post
evernote is really great, one of my favorite apps, but it's really sad to see the premium version priced too high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthamapheo View Post
im a big fan of evernote, i've been using it for years, it's the best notes app but i too think that the price is a bit too high.
You think $45 a year is to high? That comes out to $3.75 a month. I actually like the premium, as I am big user and have a lot of pictures and documents within Evernote. I have been for a few years now.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 09:10 AM   #14
nathanmiller99
macrumors member

Evernote is a useful app for the users

I like the evernote and it is easy to manage your imortant information through the evernote.
nathanmiller99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 05:58 PM   #15
abelonreg
macrumors newbie

Textever Pro

Textever Pro is fastest syncing iPhone/iPad Evernote client: https://itunes.apple.com/app/texteve...te/id542597312
abelonreg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2013, 10:22 AM   #16
sharifakram
macrumors newbie

Red face Stringnote a new and smarter than evernote

Stringnote is one of the powerful app for Android device users that allows them to double-click their power button to either: take a picture, or record 15 seconds of audio, or record 9 seconds of video, and instantly save them to Evernote. Stringnote can automatically add time and location to the note for future reference.
it has a Improved “Synchronization,” feature for Evernote notebooks & auto-tagging of notes based on GPS data also.

You all can have it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oft.stringnote
sharifakram is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:20 PM   #17
tharakam2013
macrumors newbie

Stringnote - the best app in the world

string note is the best app in mobile devices.it is easy to install.and it is easy to use.you want to more information or download it click here.https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oft.stringnote
tharakam2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:38 AM   #18
anoj
macrumors newbie

Smile best Evernote ever

i tried this app an guess what..... IT IS AWESOME, you guys better try it, really cool and thank the team who develop it. check this out... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com
anoj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 01:20 AM   #19
adamtunner
macrumors newbie

stringnote

stringnote , is awesome app.. and for busy peoples it makes easier..
try this out ui'' love it https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oft.stringnote
adamtunner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 04:26 AM   #20
Shariar
macrumors newbie

Evernote awesome app

evernote is a great app..I loved this app.
They are so many thing to do this app..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oft.stringnote this link everyone follow and download this app..
Shariar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 09:06 AM   #21
heutusops
macrumors regular

awesome app, but, too expensive. i hope they bring out a cheaper version
heutusops is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion