Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A MacRumors reader has sent in photos depicting a new Apple Store that is being built at Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center in Woodbridge, Virginia. The store, which is located next to a Starbucks, will be housed in a 6,878 sq. ft space.

applestore1.jpg
As the Potomac Town Center is still being constructed and populated, it is unclear which retail outlets will occupy the spaces next to the Apple Store, aside from the aforementioned Starbucks.

The outdoor center does, however, boast more than 20 stores and a number of eateries, along with 308 apartments and a large food market. A photo gallery and interactive map of the center are available, showing the location of the Apple Store (space #603) in more detail. The Stonebridge Apple Store will be the eighth retail location opened in Virginia.

map.jpg
While there no expected opening date targeted, our tipster believes the store could open in August. At the current point in time, the store is still covered and under heavy construction.

applestore2.jpg
In other Apple Store news, storms in Seattle, Washington caused flooding in the Apple Store located at the Bellevue Square Mall. Photos retweeted by ifoAppleStore depict large amounts of water covering the floor of the location, though the electronics seem largely unaffected. The Bellevue flooding was cleaned up and the Apple Store is open for business today.

washingtonapplestore.jpg

Article Link: New Photos Show Progress on Woodbridge Apple Store, Flooding at Bellevue Store

CaryMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2006
Morrisville, NC
I come up to NoVA quite often (I live in the Raleigh suburbs)...that center is right off of 95. What a way to take a break from the long drive. :)

Lobstrosity

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
Nandos! Didn't realise they are in the US too? My favourite restaurant chain here in the UK.

They are worldwide.. or at least multi-national! In the U.S., here in Canada, I've even had Nando's in Fiji. It's my travel comfort food!

mac mac mac

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
Bellevue, WA
I live in Bellevue, and that's the Apple Store I go to all the time. I had a crazy rainstorm yesterday evening. It was coming down really hard. I've never seen such heavy rain before. Nordstrom was also flooded. Crazy June weather here in Seattle.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
I live in Bellevue, and that's the Apple Store I go to all the time. I had a crazy rainstorm yesterday evening. It was coming down really hard. I've never seen such heavy rain before. Nordstrom was also flooded. Crazy June weather here in Seattle.

I was born in Bellevue in the 1970s (moved to Chicago in the 80s), and wow, I don't recognize the place at all now!

Chabba

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2011
I drove in it from Olympia to Renton. I hadn't heard about any local flooding until this little blurb.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Nandos is everywhere in Australia too. Except it is the most expensive fast food I have ever seen!

It is expensive but it's not classed as fast food in the UK. It's a restaurant chain. I don't go all the time, mainly due to the price. I do enjoy a double chicken in a pitta from time to time! :)

RiderXTC

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
Exactly. (And I was the one who sent in the photos.)

With the class of shops, stores, and restaurants that they have built at Stonebridge, it is deserving of an Apple store. I cannot express how excited I am that I will no longer have to drive to Fair Oaks mall or Pentagon City. I literally live less than five minutes away.

Not to mention the home base support I will get on launch days. I might even be able to convince my wife to hang out with me in line for a bit.

How did you know it they were building an Apple Store?

JTR555

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
Virginia
With the class of shops, stores, and restaurants that they have built at Stonebridge, it is deserving of an Apple store. I cannot express how excited I am that I will no longer have to drive to Fair Oaks mall or Pentagon City. I literally live less than five minutes away.

Not to mention the home base support I will get on launch days. I might even be able to convince my wife to hang out with me in line for a bit.

How did you know it they were building an Apple Store?

I have a tipster who told me about it a few months ago. FYI, if you drive by that location now, you will see they have painted all the exterior dry wall black like in the photo they have of the store they are building in Florida in another recent post.

I'm only about 10-15 minutes away from this location, which is great. We usually go to the Tysons store, but this will be incredibly convenient!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.