Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danahn17

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2009
Anybody else find all the reactions (particularly the negative ones) interesting? What I find interesting is how opinions change so quickly...

Just a few weeks ago, you could read tons of posts from people who say "iOS is getting stale. If they don't update, I'm gonna switch." And now, its "iOS7 is so ugly. I'm not sure I want to buy this anymore."

A few weeks ago Jony Ive was just below Steve Jobs in terms of mythical status at Apple. Now, there's posts saying he should be replaced or posts saying bring back Scott Forstall.

Or how a good portion of people were saying they didn't like skeuomorphic design. And now there's a bunch of people saying, bring it back!

Yes, there's always been detractors whenever something new is introduced at Apple.. but this time, IMO the detractors are going WAY over the top. A part of me wonders if this is because there isn't a personality like Steve Jobs to curb the criticism or to convince people this is a good change.

Either way, it's kinda fascinating to see how this is playing out :)

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
It looks like it was colored for young teenage girls, and the style (thin fonts, flat design) greatly reflects that of windows 8. Seriously, if you've never used windows 8, google some screen shots of the built in metro apps, they look just like some of the new iOS 7 apps.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
It looks like it was colored for young teenage girls, and the style (thin fonts, flat design) greatly reflects that of windows 8. Seriously, if you've never used windows 8, google some screen shots of the built in metro apps, they look just like some of the new iOS 7 apps.

This. But... it doesn't mean to say I don't like it. In fact, I really do. It was about time iOS had a fresh interface.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I'm pretty sure it's not the same people posting before and after, just those who felt really strongly in either case. Or maybe those who really wanted a change and were disappointed just sank into a deep depression and don't post anymore. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.