Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng

Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:43 AM   #1
mkandula
macrumors newbie

notice from Apple and Ravensburger

Hi,

I got today hit with a mail from apple that my app is infringing with Ravensbuger "memory" rights.

Our game is titled memory++ and was running since last 2 years.

We have removed it from the German app store following a post few months ago. But today the email from apple included the following countries were

Armenia, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Equador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Latvia,Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and Venezuela.

They are telling me to remove my app from all these countries or they will delete my app everywhere if I don't comply in 5 days !!!!

Someone please help what I can do ??
mkandula is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

If it infringes, then I'm afraid your only course of action is to remove/ rename it. Apple are very fussy about this, and I'd hazard a guess that the DEV of the other application has made a formal complaint.

If you can rename it you should be okay, I'd talk to Apples development section.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:22 AM   #3
Littleodie914
macrumors 68000

You should remove it, and attempt to contact Apple or Ravensburger to determine the source/reason behind the complaint.
Littleodie914 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:03 PM   #4
samdev
macrumors regular

How do you rename an app in 5 days? It takes me 10-12 days just to get my app reviewed.

Quote:
Our game is titled memory++ and was running since last 2 years.
I'm sure you have been aware of them during this time, how could you not?
They've been around for longer than 2 years.

Last edited by samdev; Nov 12, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
samdev is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng