Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djgulia

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
I emailed customer service and quickly got a reply on how to fix this. If you have switched devises, the UDID # is different and that is what they go by. So I just had to email them the UDID # from my iphone 4 along with a screenshot of my original purchase and they will fix it.

Here's what the email says:

I've lost unlimited tagging on my Apple device...

This has occurred as you have changed handsets. Our database recognises users by their device UDID – this is the bespoke identifier for all Apple devices. As you have exchanged/upgraded your handset, your new UDID is seen as a new user by our database.

Are you able to provide a screen shot/email receipt of your iTunes account showing when you originally installed Shazam? We can then arrange for you to be granted unlimited functionality once again. There is a ‘Transaction History’ area within iTunes that will display this information.

Could you also forward your UDID please?

Please enclose all of the requested information in a reply to this message.

gslrider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
I would Sign Out under Settings.

Thanks. But no go. Even rebooted after I signed out, but notice is still there. I'll give Apple Care a shout and see if they have any info. Will let post back on results.

Surrix

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2009
I emailed customer service and quickly got a reply on how to fix this. If you have switched devises, the UDID # is different and that is what they go by. So I just had to email them the UDID # from my iphone 4 along with a screenshot of my original purchase and they will fix it.

Here's what the email says:
I couldn't find an address to email. Who did you email?

gyrio

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2012
i figured this was a good place to post this and im new here

so cruchyroll is a free app to download and it recently got a new gul interface i do not like i liked the older one better so i downgraded the app but the app update is annoying me to no end so how would i fix this?

btracy713

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2011
Delaware
Geez....

Instead of arguing about whether he's a "pirate" or not, does anyone actually have a solution?

Is this forum here to be helpful, or to judge people? :apple:

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
I love that everyone jumped to piracy right away. Why can no one understand that some updates remove functionality or ruin an app completely? Take Navigon, for example. The old version was and still is great. Then they were bought out and that ruined the app completely.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
I have 3 apps that I won't update because functionality is removed. I had another but updated before I realized functions were missing.

I update apps individually now.

I've purchased my apps legally and have never done a jail break.

gslrider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
Instead of arguing about whether he's a "pirate" or not, does anyone actually have a solution?

Is this forum here to be helpful, or to judge people? :apple:

It's suppose to be to help. But it's online, and you will ALWAYS find people who feel better about themselves when they judge others. I've just learned to ignore them, and appreciate those that do help.

gslrider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
Curious, what was the App in question? And why didn't you want it updated?

I actually can't remember. It's been a while. I do remember that I needed to update my iOS to the latest version at the time, to update the app. Which I wasn't ready to do yet. The last couple of updates before that messed up my phone, and I didn't want to go through the same hassles again, until a more stable iOS update came out. And the badge was bugging me. I just learned to live with the badge. This was the iOS 4.x.x fiasco. At the time, I was on iOS 4.0.2, I didn't update till I switched over to the iPhone 4S (from the 4) and had iOS 5 preinstalled. I just recently updated to iOS 6, which I'm glad hasn't caused any problems, as some have experienced.

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
I am going to assume that the thread starter didn’t legally acquire the application. As long as it’s on your device, Apple will think it is legally on there and offer you free updates, as the app is updated. Once you click update and enter your password, you actually purchase the application.

He want’s to avoid all of this.

Way to assume the worst...

I have several apps that the devs ruined with updates so I keep the old version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.