Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:57 PM   #126
cricketiphone5
macrumors newbie

searching error in vietnam

i have the same searching issues in vietnam
see my post here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...9#post16080489

wierd thing is it worked for a while until i replaced the sim card.
tried
settings>general>reset
and that did not help.

im going to buy another sim and see if it works.
cricketiphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:40 AM   #127
cricketiphone5
macrumors newbie

differnet sim does not work

bought a vinaphone sim card and it does not work either.
cricketiphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:12 PM   #128
ouchyoung
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketiphone5 View Post
bought a vinaphone sim card and it does not work either.
I bought ATT iPhone 5 from target today, apple told me to submitt a form to AT&T to unlock it. I did so, hope it will get unlocked soon... And you may try to negotiate with cricket for unlocking it

Last edited by ouchyoung; Oct 21, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
ouchyoung is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:29 PM   #129
splendids
macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with my iphone 5 from Cricket. It can recognize nano-sim card in China but is always searching. I talked to Cricket Store and Apple care. They told me because Cricket shares tower with Sprint, my Cricket iphone 5 is locked to Sprint tower when it is used out side US. I also talked to Sprint and they refused to unlock the iphone 5. Does any one have suggestions for unlocking the Cricket iphone 5 from Sprint tower?
splendids is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:41 PM   #130
ouchyoung
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendids View Post
I had the same problem with my iphone 5 from Cricket. It can recognize nano-sim card in China but is always searching. I talked to Cricket Store and Apple care. They told me because Cricket shares tower with Sprint, my Cricket iphone 5 is locked to Sprint tower when it is used out side US. I also talked to Sprint and they refused to unlock the iphone 5. Does any one have suggestions for unlocking the Cricket iphone 5 from Sprint tower?
where did you first have your device activated? I meant did you use it on a Sprint network in the US? I am wondering if the problem could be resolved if the device was only connected to Cricket's own network, since they have their own network in a few cities. And in that case, the device doesn't know anything about Spring, and Sprint may not have the IMEI, so maybe you don't need to unlock it from Sprint...
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:14 PM   #131
splendids
macrumors newbie

I activated it in TX. Cricket store told me the iphone 5s shipped by Cricket at that period might have the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchyoung View Post
where did you first have your device activated? I meant did you use it on a Sprint network in the US? I am wondering if the problem could be resolved if the device was only connected to Cricket's own network, since they have their own network in a few cities. And in that case, the device doesn't know anything about Spring, and Sprint may not have the IMEI, so maybe you don't need to unlock it from Sprint...
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:14 PM   #132
ouchyoung
macrumors member

Quote:
I activated it in TX. Cricket store told me the iphone 5s shipped by Cricket at that period might have the same problem.
So it might be solved now? Which means that the cricket iPhone 5 can be used abroad?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:14 AM   #133
kevincredible
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Any news? I bought my phone and activated it in TN. I then flew to NYC and I guess it must have piggybanked a network there. Maybe that explains why it could be searching for the Sprint network??
kevincredible is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:03 PM   #134
splendids
macrumors newbie

I plan to flash it. It seems Cricket can't solve the problem.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:41 PM   #135
parallelist
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4S

Given the difficulties people are having with the iPhone 5, can someone confirm whether the Cricket iPhone 4S works fine internationally?
parallelist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:29 PM   #136
Peter8489
macrumors newbie

I just got an iPhone 5 on Cricket. I activated the phone with a German t-mobile card. At first it had quite some trouble finding a network. But after a couple of hours it found the t-mobile network and it works without a problem. I didn't do anything special, I just put in the SIM card and went ahead with the registration/activation. That is all I did! Just let it search for a couple of hours and hopefully it will find the correct service!
Peter8489 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:21 PM   #137
ouchyoung
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincredible View Post
Any news? I bought my phone and activated it in TN. I then flew to NYC and I guess it must have piggybanked a network there. Maybe that explains why it could be searching for the Sprint network??
Hi there, are you still reviewing messages here?

It seems that the problem has been solved... A guy find that the cell phone's PRL do search for other networks outside of the US, there are several tricks for helping doing that:

1. Turn off Cellular network and turn on GPS, get the location by the cellphone first, and then turn on cellular network; OR

2. Pop out the SIM, turn off the phone, pop in the SIM, turn on it.

Good Luck!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 05:18 AM   #138
kevincredible
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchyoung View Post
Hi there, are you still reviewing messages here?

It seems that the problem has been solved... A guy find that the cell phone's PRL do search for other networks outside of the US, there are several tricks for helping doing that:

1. Turn off Cellular network and turn on GPS, get the location by the cellphone first, and then turn on cellular network; OR

2. Pop out the SIM, turn off the phone, pop in the SIM, turn on it.

Good Luck!
Thanks, I have sold the phone (at a slight profit)...so no more hassle.
kevincredible is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:21 AM   #139
yoshix003
macrumors newbie

Anyone find a solution with the SIM Locking internationally? Cause and effect and solution. All I know is this..

a) Must activate in U.S first.
b) when abroad must reset ITUNES
c) if sim card get switched it will lock phone (dunno why)
d) Minimal chance of re-unlocking after reseting phone through itunes some people have good luck some dont..

and lastly can we compile facts and how to's cause it is a pain in the ass to get a clear story.

So I propose people say where they are located what SIM they using and steps to eliminate all possible variables.
yoshix003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:36 PM   #140
BMIND
macrumors newbie

Cricket iphone internationally unlocked ?

Hi All,

After going thru the posts, I am bit confused. Please let me know if cricket iphone 5 will work on other GSM network internationally ?. I tried inserting GSM SIM card (International roaming) from other country while in US and iphone detected the SIM and still keeps searching. Please suggest if it will work internationally ....else it will become only a home WIFI device

Appreciate your help.
BMIND is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:56 PM   #141
celikihsan87
macrumors newbie

Last edited by celikihsan87; Dec 23, 2012 at 05:47 AM.
celikihsan87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:57 PM   #142
paul30
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincredible View Post
Yes with no luck. In fact I don't have this option in my iPhone 5 Settings>general>network. I've been trying to change the network manually but it fails.

Not sure if this is a problem with just my iPhone or everyone elses.

Anyone else having problems where putting in a GSM SIM card results in continuously "Searching..." for the carrier in a Cricket iPhone 5?
i got a cricket iphone 5 in russsia no it shows searching, same problem! how to unlock it guys? I activated the phone in Russia
paul30 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:03 PM   #143
OriginalMacRat
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMIND View Post
Hi All,

After going thru the posts, I am bit confused. Please let me know if cricket iphone 5 will work on other GSM network internationally?
Cricket iPhones are LOCKED.

You'll have to contact Cricket to find out their unlock policy.

If you wanted an unlocked iPhone, you should have bought it directly from Apple.
OriginalMacRat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:32 PM   #144
Fenkins
macrumors newbie

posting in the thread

hello all, it is quite painful to hear that, because I purchase the phone at full unlocked cost here in Russia and currently cant activate it at my beeline nanosim. any advice on that? Phone is like new and I am really kinda like it... So I don't really want to just sell it... Will be better if it is possible to make it work.
I can add that it activates ONLY w/o any sim and it is stucked on searching as was mentioned before...
I was thinking about try to set it up with another sim, maybe I'll try that another week. Would really great to hear some response from peeps who managed to get it work.
Fenkins is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion