Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jun 30, 2014, 05:54 PM   #176
JoelTheSuperior
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loon3y View Post
objectively worse? they still produce quality sound, are you truly going to see the difference from Beats and Bose headsets? to the point where it bothers you?

Thats like telling the difference from the resolutions from iPad 4 and the iPad Air.
Bose aren't exactly what I would describe as quality cans either to be perfectly honest.

In terms of would it bother me? Honestly yes. If I was just listening to music casually whilst programming or whatever, I'd probably survive but when performing / recording etc, yeah, it'd definitely bother me.

Your comparison isn't particularly valid to be honest - have a look at the graph below and tell me that there isn't a huge difference:

In all honesty if you're happy with your Beats that's fine, but don't try to imply that they're high end headphones or that you can't hear the difference between them and cans with a more natural frequency response.

Equally, if you like the sound of beats that's fine too, but in terms of accuracy they're downright poor compared to other much cheaper headphones. The Beyerdynamic DT770s aren't far off the DT880s in terms of raw frequency response and cost around $125 on Amazon for example.
JoelTheSuperior is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2014, 02:50 PM   #177
loon3y
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTheSuperior View Post
Bose aren't exactly what I would describe as quality cans either to be perfectly honest.

In terms of would it bother me? Honestly yes. If I was just listening to music casually whilst programming or whatever, I'd probably survive but when performing / recording etc, yeah, it'd definitely bother me.

Your comparison isn't particularly valid to be honest - have a look at the graph below and tell me that there isn't a huge difference:

In all honesty if you're happy with your Beats that's fine, but don't try to imply that they're high end headphones or that you can't hear the difference between them and cans with a more natural frequency response.

Equally, if you like the sound of beats that's fine too, but in terms of accuracy they're downright poor compared to other much cheaper headphones. The Beyerdynamic DT770s aren't far off the DT880s in terms of raw frequency response and cost around $125 on Amazon for example.

The beat Pros are high end headphones. What the hell is "mosnter beats by dr.dre headphones"

It doesnt state which model and i acknowledged here and before that the studios were never up to par (the originals, havent checked out the 2.0) You do know this whole time i wasnt talking about the "studios" their flagship product.

I havent used the DT770s so i wouldnt know the difference.I just tested with the M50's the ones that were supposed to be the "beats killer"

it does not step up o the pros. the sound was distinctively better. the M50s were supposed to concentrate on vocals, but you can just do the same by lowering the bass on the EQ when using the Beat Pros.

As for the M50s you cant. Beats are over priced, same with all brand name things, but to say at least the Beat Pros are inferior is incorrect.

But the graph, come on. it doesnt even show the model number apposed to the DT880. Whoever made that did that on purpose.

Have you ever used the Beat Pros? on CDQ or better quality tracks? it sounds nice and theres no denying that.

Of course there probably is headphones that are cheaper that may produce better quality, but the difference is going to be miniscule.
loon3y is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2014, 06:24 AM   #178
roadbloc
macrumors 604

Send a message via Skype™ to roadbloc
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon3y View Post
The beat Pros are high end headphones-
I'ma let you finish but-
LOL
-who told you that?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 02:04 PM   #179
loon3y
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbloc View Post
I'ma let you finish but-
LOL
-who told you that?
Have you tried Beat Pros? Have you compared it to Bose and M50 headphones?

I have. Same song, CDQ.

so unless you have all these audiophile headphones laying around and actually tested them then.

loon3y is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:19 PM   #180
silversurfer91
macrumors newbie

I personally think all of the various incarnations of Beats headphones sound really bad when compared to actual pro-quality headphones. I use these and they really put the beats to shame: http://www.headphone.com/products/sennheiser-hd-650
silversurfer91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:40 AM   #181
addictzz
macrumors regular

if you don't have enough budget to buy a Beats, forget buying the fake ones, buy some cheap and good headphones. AT-M50s, Alessandro MS1, Panasonic HTF600.

If you have enough budget to buy a Beats, still forget it. Get a Beyer (DT770 for bass, DT990 for clarity & some bass) or AKG instead. if you still have some extra, get a DAC/amp combo.
addictzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Tags
beats by dre, headphones