Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PODzilla4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
Hello fellow iPod touch users. I have bought the iPod touch 4g a week ago and when I unboxed the itouch at day one it looked beautiful and it was flawless. A week later,it is covered in dozens of scratches. The scratches are very small and are scattered on the back panel. I handled the itouch very carefully during the week and I haven't dropped/bumped it. I didn't get a case for it because it seemed durable enough to resist the scratching but it seems that I'm wrong. Is there a way to remove/hide the scratches and prevent more from happening(without a case)?

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Metal scratches. Either put a case on it, or get on with your day. When Apple invents scratchless metal you'll be the first to know:D

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
Chrome is one of the most scratchable metals in existence. Why Apple decided to use it is beyond me.

But you should ALWAYS get a case if you are picky about scratches. If you don't care, then don't get one.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
The stainless steel back on those Touches and iPod Classics scratch so easily by just wiping it down with a cloth. It is a joke using that material on those things. Glad the latest Touch doesn't have those backs.

Last edited:

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
U should get a case of the Touch 4, i got a case on mine because it was way too slim to use without one.

Talking about the material, i prefer the durability of Touch 4 better. Even if it scratches, it feel lots more sturdier than Touch 5. Touch 5, btw, has problem with color peeling off at the lightning jack if you misplace the cable many times.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Hello fellow iPod touch users. I have bought the iPod touch 4g a week ago and when I unboxed the itouch at day one it looked beautiful and it was flawless. A week later,it is covered in dozens of scratches. The scratches are very small and are scattered on the back panel. I handled the itouch very carefully during the week and I haven't dropped/bumped it. I didn't get a case for it because it seemed durable enough to resist the scratching but it seems that I'm wrong. Is there a way to remove/hide the scratches and prevent more from happening(without a case)?

Didn't you know that all iPods scratch? How is this new to you? Just put a case on it. I would be more concerned about the screen breaking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.