Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uplift

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
UK
I'm looking into new email clients, i was previously limited to Exchange and the only option here on mac is Outlook or Mail.app.

Both worked well but i noticed there are more actively developed apps that deliver things like Dropbox support... now i can use IMAP i'm looking for something else.

I'm aware of 2:

Sparrow

Postbox

both have : Dropbox integration, full gmail integration, social integration

Has anyone had any experience with either client? or can recommend anything else?

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
I'm looking into new email clients, i was previously limited to Exchange and the only option here on mac is Outlook or Mail.app.

Both worked well but i noticed there are more actively developed apps that deliver things like Dropbox support... now i can use IMAP i'm looking for something else.

I'm aware of 2:

Sparrow

Postbox

both have : Dropbox integration, full gmail integration, social integration

Has anyone had any experience with either client? or can recommend anything else?

I've used both and like both. I recently switched from Sparrow to Postbox, partially because they announced that Sparrow (as well as Thunderbird) would no longer be supported. I realise both will probably exist and work for a long while, but I was also curious about PostBox so decided to try it out. So far, I really like it, especially the Evernote integration - it's really easy to create EN notes out of emails, easier than with Sparrow. I also think Thunderbird is a good alternative, if you're fine with community rather than official support, but from what I can remember they don't have Evernote integration and I'm not sure about DropBox.

Also, check out this thread here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1354192/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.