Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkstevenskm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
I recently acquired:
--iPod Touch "1G First Generation" 3.1.3 (7E18) - MA623LL
--iPod Touch "2G Second Generation" 4.2.1 (8C148) - MC086LL

I need help jailbreaking these devices. I searched through several old forums (including Macrumors) and have tried various versions of Redsn0w and Greenpois0n with no success. Does anyone remember how to Jailbreak these devices? Thanks for any and all thoughts.

mkstevenskm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Thanks Braddick. Can we take it one step further: Instead of relying on a website (which could go offline eventually), I rather have the software. For instance, I have various Mac OS X PPC programs saved so I can keep my old iBook running. Perhaps it is a tech-hoarding issue, but let me know if you are aware of what software can jailbreak the aforementioned devices.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Jailbreakme had been around long enough I wouldn't be concerned about it going off line, but even with that stated, once you are jailbroken you don't loose it unless you want to.

mkstevenskm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Jailbreakme worked on the iPod Touch 1G but did not work on the 2G.

Does anyone have recommendations for which program to use to jailbreak the 2G iPod Touch?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.