Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Is Fantastical Google Calendar only or does it support Exchange?

It plugs into the Apple Calendar API. If you've got your Apple Calendar setup to work with Exchange, I'd assume it'd work.

The desktop version gives you a choice of using either iCal or Entourage.

I went ahead and bought the iOS version. It's a nice app and makes using the calendar on iOS much easier.

The desktop version is still garbage though.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
The desktop version is still garbage though.

I'll disagree with that. The OS X version lives in the toolbar and makes it so much more convenient to access the calendar *and* reminders (now a separate app in ML and later) than opening the full calendar app. The OS X version is meant to be a supplement to a full calendar app whether it be stock iCal or BusyCal, etc.

robdam1001 said:
How does the new version of Fantastical stack up against Tempo? How does the new version of Fantastical stack up against Tempo?

I'll say it Tempo doesn't compare since it "requires" a social network or email login in order to use that app. That's a big fail in my book.

Westacular

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2007
This developer listened to me and did the one thing the stock app never could: allow you to copy and past an event.

That alone is worth your purchase. I'm still shocked they included it after my email. It was the only thing I need to justify the app cost.

Agreed: Developer support with Fantastical has been amazing. I emailed them a minor feature request -- they responded saying it's on their list of things to possibly do, but (understandably) a low priority, so "no promises".

Eight days later, on New Year's Eve, they emailed me again to say the feature had been added.

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
So far after a few day's of being in "Fantastical" Land, I'm liking it. MUCH better than the stock iOS calendar and MUCH better than that bag of vaporware, Tempo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.