Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
I know some apps are interchangeable. Do u guys purchase the apps separately for ur idevices?

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Used to when there were no universal apps (mostly games).

Remember buying Plants vs Zombies both times.

Most games are universal now though which is a good thing.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Sometimes but I have very few apps on my iPad. If more apps would sync progress over iCloud I would have many more

makotoisle

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2012
Sometimes but I have very few apps on my iPad. If more apps would sync progress over iCloud I would have many more

This is why I haven't played any of the Angry Birds games. I don't mind paying for both versions, but I'll be damned if I have to repeat levels on both devices to keep in sync.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
This is why I haven't played any of the Angry Birds games. I don't mind paying for both versions, but I'll be damned if I have to repeat levels on both devices to keep in sync.

Feel the same way. I've had angry birds on my iPad for over a year now and I've maybe played 10 levels because I'm so much further on my iPhone why should I have to play them again just sync!

fujitsu

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2010
No since most of the apps are universal, however, there are some applications that are better suited for a tablet.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
If the Apps have a separate iPad HD app. Progress and achievements don't match. So not only do you have to repeat work... achievements don't compare with friends.

If I really must have such an App. I buy the iPhone version. Play it 2x'd on iPad. Retina apps on Retina IPad don't look bad. Then acheivements match with Dad and a few friends who only have iPhones.

It amazes me there are still third rate illiterate devs that haven't read about Universal Apps and iCloud sync.

Like Cut The Rope. iPhone version, on it and iPad. It syncs, achievements all match friends. And really, Retina phone graphics on Retina iPad, no negative impact in play-ability. It's aweful on an iPad 2 though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.