Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
is there a way to add alternate versions of one film, that can be made a part of one file in itunes?

for example, i don't want 2 separate versions of the same film showing up in itunes separately.

doesn't itunes extras combine multiple 'goodies' from one film to one file? can i manipulate itunes to do something similar but make 2 films one file? with an option to play the alternate version inside the film? (referring to iTunes 11 here)

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
It's possible you would need to know how to write a fair bit of code - no GUI for iTunes Extras yet.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Very good question since a lot of times you'll get unrated and rated in the same BD set. iTunes still has a lot of work to do to come close to replacing BDs. The video quality is pretty much there, and I like the early digital releases. But that's about where the advantages end. I could go on a rant for years about the audio quality when using a sound system.

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
hmm, i know nothing on code, i was hoping someone here might know with tools like subler or metaz.

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Last edited:

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Yea for me I prefer having different cover art for Director's Cut versus Theatrical - it's also nice to see that I have a different version - in the physical realm I could visually see I have either a boxed set or multiple copies of the movie with separate purchases and in iTunes I prefer having the separate entries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.