Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meeks

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
I got my Silver 5S this evening and I really don't care for the color. I think I want the Grey. I called my local Apple Store and explained the phone was perfect I just wasn't crazy about the color and asked if I could swap it. The guy on the phone told me I had to return the phone I had and order the color I wanted from Apple's site. Does this sound right to you guys? I swear I had 14/30 days to return/exchange the phone.

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
I got my Silver 5S this evening and I really don't care for the color. I think I want the Grey. I called my local Apple Store and explained the phone was perfect I just wasn't crazy about the color and asked if I could swap it. The guy on the phone told me I had to return the phone I had and order the color I wanted from Apple's site. Does this sound right to you guys? I swear I had 14/30 days to return/exchange the phone.

I believe if you did it through it an upgrade you have 14 days to return/exchange the iPhone. If you bought full price you have 30 days to return the device or exchange it for whatever reason. As long as the Apple Store has them in stock.

scottish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2011
Guess

Maybe he said that because they don't have any stock? He appears to have confirmed that you can return it anyway.

meeks

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
It was an upgrade. He said I can return it but I would have to buy the color I wanted online and wait for it. I was under the impression I had a certain amount of time to exchange it if i like considering I bought it from Apple to begin with. I think he just wanted to get me off the phone. I might try again tomorrow morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.