Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
I thought the latest update of IOS was meant to sort out the wifi issues on the Iphone 5. For example at home, my wifi used to always connect to my iphone 5. Then all of a sudden it will see my wifi router but not connect. ( you have to bare in mind though, the wifi at work, it connects to all the time without any problems). At this point you may think its an issue with my wifi router. So I done a bit of research and saw someone said that they re-set network settings etc.

My wifi was working fine, then after doing this, and re-connecting to my router. Now the other day I was using wifi, then all of a sudden it switched to Edge (i had 3g off). However when using it on Edge, I thought that the speed seems way to fast to be on Edge, however it appears to be handset was using wifi but showing edge on the iphone screen. (strange i know).

Anyways so i rebooted my handset and then all of a sudden it shows wifi and its working on wifi. Anyone else having these issues or similar issues? Is it something that we can expect the next IOS update to fix?

Or what do you guys recommend?

thanks

abz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.