Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I'm figuring it was a 5 he dropped. They're pretty light. The iPhones terminal velocity probably was minor enough and the snow soft enough to make for a "soft" landing. If the snow had iced over or worse the phone had hit a rock, there wouldn't have been a story to write about, just another busted phone. The stars lined up for this guy this time.

Last edited:

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
I love how the article said "Droids and galaxies" seems they are one of the fee people that knows a galaxy s III isn't a droid

S

syd430

Lucky it wasn't a Nokia otherwise it would have left a crater in the ground

Edit: also, I bet it didn't survive with atleast a few scuffs. #scuffgate

Last edited by a moderator:

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
I love how the article said "Droids and galaxies" seems they are one of the fee people that knows a galaxy s III isn't a droid

Then what is? What makes a "droid" a "droid". The fact that it has Android is good enough for me. I know that it was a marketing thing for VZW a few years ago but it appears that it has stuck to all of them. I don't see it as a bad thing.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Then what is? What makes a "droid" a "droid". The fact that it has Android is good enough for me. I know that it was a marketing thing for VZW a few years ago but it appears that it has stuck to all of them. I don't see it as a bad thing.

A "droid" is an actual phone model made my Motorola. "Android" is the operating system.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
A "droid" is an actual phone model made my Motorola. "Android" is the operating system.

Actually it's a line of phones on verizon.

There are Droids, EVOs, Galaxy S's, Optimus, but they aren't the same thing.

Macs and Windows boxes are all Pc's but you don't call a windows box a mac or vice versa do you?

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
Wow I hope you have insurance because the part alone is grossly overpriced.

Next time get a good case!

I haven't found any cases that do not take away the natural beauty of the phone, so I choose to go naked. I also chose to direct the money I would have spent on cases into insurance. So it is covered. Thankfully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.