Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
This is my TV, as you can see I don't have a HDMI slot free. Can I still connect it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 318

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
I'm located in the UK. Can I just buy a HDMI splitter?

Maybe, you want an HDMI splitter that has 2 inputs and one output. Most are the opposite. You do not want to buy something with 2 outputs and one input. That will not work for you.

Edit: As jeremiah stated you want to look for a "HDMI Switch" rather than a "splitter" from what I have seen.

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Jul 21, 2004

Not according to the description.

A simple effective device to allow a single HDMi signal to be directed out through 2 sockets where the signal is required to be sent to two devices or screens.

· Does not combine signals, only splits them.

· NB. THIS SPLITTER WILL NOT WORK IN REVERSE, ie YOU CANNOT CONNECT 2 MACHINES SUCH AS A PLAYSTATION AND A PC TO A SINGLE SCREEN

DaCurmudgen

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
Kanex ATV Pro for VGA + audio output

Looks like you have a VGA input on that TV -- similar to mine. As long as your TV supports 720p or 1080p, you can try the Kanex ATV Pro:
http://www.kanexlive.com/atvpro
tb_thumbnail_atvpro_1.jpg

I just picked this up yesterday and had my ATV3 up and running within minutes. I love it.

B6DWAL

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
Midlands, UK
Not according to the description.

A simple effective device to allow a single HDMi signal to be directed out through 2 sockets where the signal is required to be sent to two devices or screens.

· Does not combine signals, only splits them.

· NB. THIS SPLITTER WILL NOT WORK IN REVERSE, ie YOU CANNOT CONNECT 2 MACHINES SUCH AS A PLAYSTATION AND A PC TO A SINGLE SCREEN

In the dropdown you need to select the right type of adapter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.