Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
so we are planning our wedding...will be 9/7/13.

but i just got this 'graph' from the resort about how the group rates work for a block of 15 rooms we have reserved. can anyone decipher it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-14 at 3.44.03 .png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-14 at 3.44.03 .png
    90.9 KB · Views: 155

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Single, double, triple, quad, 5/6-person too. And CHL is child over 4 years old. Dates are their rates for the entire season of group bookings.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
confused.

my friend says its if 4 people stay in a room, its 172 a person, which makes it 688.

but that room is regular 415 a night. how is that a group rate discount?

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
well its an all inclusive resort?

im just saying where is the deal?

maybe its per person, so you can't just throw four people in a double room, and each person gets free food/drink at the resort. they make you pay for it in the rate?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green

maybe its per person, so you can't just throw four people in a double room, and each person gets free food/drink at the resort. they make you pay for it in the rate?

You seem to have a lot of questions that can best be answered by talking to someone at the hotel/resort.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA

This is exactly it. Most all-inclusives bill by the person and type of room, not just the room. Otherwise, you'll get a group of six college kids sharing the same room for cheap, yet using six peoples' worth of services. So yes, four people in a room i going to cost more than one or two people in a room, which is probably what the normal rate is accounting for.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
You seem to have a lot of questions that can best be answered by talking to someone at the hotel/resort.

Agreed. Call the resort and ask them. Congratulations!

wow, you guys are super helpful.

it was afterhours and this issue was bugging me so i thought i would come to a community forum and discuss it with my online friends. if you don't have an answer why do you reply at all?

----------

This is exactly it. Most all-inclusives bill by the person and type of room, not just the room. Otherwise, you'll get a group of six college kids sharing the same room for cheap, yet using six peoples' worth of services. So yes, four people in a room i going to cost more than one or two people in a room, which is probably what the normal rate is accounting for.

that seems to be the answer i am getting from a lot of people now, makes sense being an all-inclusive. thanks!

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
wow, you guys are super helpful.

it was afterhours and this issue was bugging me so i thought i would come to a community forum and discuss it with my online friends. if you don't have an answer why do you reply at all?

To suggest to you that you have come to the wrong place for the answer to your question...and offering the suggestion as to where you might find the answer.

The fact that you were apparently too impatient to wait until you were able to call the place where you could get an answer to your question doesn't make the posts any less legitimate.:)

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
To suggest to you that you have come to the wrong place for the answer to your question...and offering the suggestion as to where you might find the answer.

The fact that you were apparently too impatient to wait until you were able to call the place where you could get an answer to your question doesn't make the posts any less legitimate.:)

Post #8 gives me a great answer.

impatient, I am using the power of the internet to get my answer now, and was hoping that someone else on MR forums maybe had been in the same predicament, and could share their story.

I think the beauty of these forums is getting different opinions and personally experiences.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Post #8 gives me a great answer.

impatient, I am using the power of the internet to get my answer now, and was hoping that someone else on MR forums maybe had been in the same predicament, and could share their story.

But you won't really know if post #8 applies until you talk to the actual hotel/resort you're using. For example, you haven't posted the name of the hotel/resort, nor what state or country it's in. Things can vary by vendor and jurisdiction, as well as time of year.

I have always found that asking the person or organization actually responsible for the goods or service is the best way to get definitive answers, especially when it comes to pricing and what is being included in services.

If you're that impatient, perhaps spend that time writing down your questions in a clear and concise way, so you can be well organized and thorough when you talk to someone at the hotel/resort.

I think the beauty of these forums is getting different opinions and personally experiences.

I originally gave you my opinion, based on years of personal experience: talk directly to the hotel/resort. Your impatience for a definitive answer may have led you to think it was something else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.