Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 8, 2010, 06:10 PM   #1
mcgroa
macrumors newbie

you can use non US credit card in US apple store, but dont get it delivered out of US

just thought i'd share this since found it tough wading through tons of posts on similar but not the same subjects.

I've tried to get work colleagues travelling to pick me up an IPAD in the US, since they are about 100quid cheaper right now (even with sales tax). However last 2 trips I've got people to go in to Apple Store only to find they either are out of IPADs or only have the most expensive 3G 64Gb ones (not worth the money IMHO).

Anyway I had another chance to have someone mule it back to the UK this week.

So I went on the US apple store, I trundled thru to checkout. Then when it asked me for billing address, I rammed in my UK billing address, and just stuck a random ZIP (16660) in to let it take me past the validation page. I paid with my UK registered AMEX card and it all went thru. That was Friday and after a nervous weekend of my order not being updated today i got an update to say its shipped.

So it is possible to use non US credit card on US apple store.
mcgroa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2010, 06:29 PM   #2
LinkMx
macrumors member

mmm, the US store only let's you add an US address as a delivery address so my guess is that your order is either going to be cancelled or shipped to a random address in the US. If I were you I would just cancel the order and avoid any headaches.

Edit: I didn't understand really well the first time I read it. I guess what you were saying is that you paid with your UK card and got it send to your friend on the US.

Last edited by LinkMx; Nov 8, 2010 at 06:39 PM.
LinkMx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 07:18 AM   #3
Queril
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkMx View Post
Edit: I didn't understand really well the first time I read it. I guess what you were saying is that you paid with your UK card and got it send to your friend on the US.
I paid with my Russian Citibank card too, but a shipping address cannot be non US. I send to US address (like shipito.com) after that send a shipment to my Moscow address.
Queril is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 01:18 PM   #4
qwerta321
macrumors newbie

Guys, is it possible to buy AppleCare from the US website and have them deliver the code by email? I'm in Ireland but the .ie site is much more expensive than the US site.
qwerta321 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 03:28 PM   #5
KevinC867
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerta321 View Post
Guys, is it possible to buy AppleCare from the US website and have them deliver the code by email? I'm in Ireland but the .ie site is much more expensive than the US site.
I have found that the cheapest AppleCare plans are usually on eBay. If you pick a seller with a great reputation, you should be OK. When I purchased a plan for my MacBook, my seller offered to send the code by email and he also sent the package by snail mail.
KevinC867 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2011, 03:31 AM   #6
mbmb
macrumors newbie

It's definitely possible!
I ordered ipad recently to my friend's home in NYC. As the shipping address I have given US address, and used the same address for the billing address. However, I used my non-US credit card, having the billing address outside of US. Today I received a shipment notification from Apple.
mbmb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:51 PM   #7
tejaykay
macrumors regular

Ordered a new iPad to a friend's address in NYC using my UK VISA card. The bank's anti-fraud team rang me to confirm but it went through OK on the second attempt. Will post an update if it clears for shipping.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:38 PM   #8
skykapoor
macrumors newbie

I'm from india and I tried using my indian cards many times but apple always rejects and cancelled the order. I have genuine addresses of US for delivery. Please give any solution by which I can use my indian cards.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmb View Post
It's definitely possible!
I ordered ipad recently to my friend's home in NYC. As the shipping address I have given US address, and used the same address for the billing address. However, I used my non-US credit card, having the billing address outside of US. Today I received a shipment notification from Apple.
Hi I'm from india. I am trying constantly from last two months with different cards but its not accepting anyhow. Please show me the way how to use the non-US cards
skykapoor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 05:09 AM   #9
mstruve
macrumors regular

Can anyone confirm whether this will still work - using a UK credit card to purchase from the US store (for delivery in US)?
mstruve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 07:59 AM   #10
pmontanarella
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstruve View Post
Can anyone confirm whether this will still work - using a UK credit card to purchase from the US store (for delivery in US)?
Can't confirm for UK credit cards but worked in April for me with a Canadian credit card, wouldn't see why it shouldn't work with a UK one. For billing address you can put anything in, it isn't cross-referenced anyways...
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:14 AM   #11
mstruve
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmontanarella View Post
Can't confirm for UK credit cards but worked in April for me with a Canadian credit card, wouldn't see why it shouldn't work with a UK one. For billing address you can put anything in, it isn't cross-referenced anyways...
Thanks but it's not working for me. Just saying payment authorization failed every time. Anyone experienced this?

Edit - never mind, was a security issue. Went through fine.

Last edited by mstruve; Jun 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM.
mstruve is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad