Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
Netflix sucks big time it has old movies and they don't even have the lion king for my kids to Watch. I had Netflix for free with the promotion that they offer I called back the third day and cancell that mess. (Netflix Sucks)

You won't find Disney films on demand anywhere - they don't believe in it. Hence their movies come out once every couple of years with 3 more features for full price - greed.

As for it's cost, it's £6 a month so it's the same price as renting a ONE HD movie from iTunes.

My daughter watches loads of the kids stuff, I watch lots of TV shows and the odd movie and it costs £1.50 a week... Why are you complaining?

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
You won't find Disney films on demand anywhere - they don't believe in it.

You obviously haven't dug deep into netflix nor followed the news about them.

There's some disney content already on Netflix streaming, as well as some things owned by them like Marvel titles. And in the last few months Disney signed a major deal with NF, their new releases will all be exclusive to NF streaming once the deal takes effect.

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
You obviously haven't dug deep into netflix nor followed the news about them.

There's some disney content already on Netflix streaming, as well as some things owned by them like Marvel titles. And in the last few months Disney signed a major deal with NF, their new releases will all be exclusive to NF streaming once the deal takes effect.

You are probably talking about the US no doubt?

UK Netflix is somewhat more limited, which is the reason for the above comment...

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
If you're going to make comments specifically about the UK, you should probably avoid using the term "anywhere".

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
You won't find Disney films on demand anywhere - they don't believe in it. Hence their movies come out once every couple of years with 3 more features for full price - greed.

As for it's cost, it's £6 a month so it's the same price as renting a ONE HD movie from iTunes.

My daughter watches loads of the kids stuff, I watch lots of TV shows and the odd movie and it costs £1.50 a week... Why are you complaining?
I'm not complaining in my opinion Netflix sucks.

JoeShades

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2010
Williamstown, NJ
netflix is a complete joke, they just removed the instant queue and replaced it with a thing called your list which is out of the order i arranged it, it can not be fixed, you have to scroll from left to right to go through the list and it takes forever

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
No is not its my opinion. Your thoughts about Netflix may be better than mine.

complain |kəmˈplān| verb
express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event

A complaint IS an opinion. But anyway...

jdiamond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2008
DUmb question, but how do you update?

I currently have version 2.4 of the Netflix App, but when I go to try to download the new version, it just says "installed", so I can't download it. I'd even pay for the upgrade, but since it's free, I'm totally stuck. Any ideas? Is there some way to update apps in iOS like there is in the Mac App store?

Thanks,
- jeff

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
That's weird. Is there maybe a restriction on iOS version or hardware version?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.