Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:39 PM   #76
deadshift
macrumors newbie

L l r u d u d ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-a-x View Post
Ack i turned this on my mistake and I can't figure out how to navigate my phone. How do I disable it?
Turning off head-tilt-detection while the touchscreen is disabled is easy, just tilt your head:

Left, Left, Right, Up, Down, Up, Down, shake the phone. ;-)
deadshift is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 01:11 PM   #77
moonman239
macrumors 65816

I think someday the iPhone will function like a miniature Xbox that comes with a Kinect sensor.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:15 PM   #78
TouchMint.com
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman239 View Post
I think someday the iPhone will function like a miniature Xbox that comes with a Kinect sensor.
Just what I was going to post. Looks like here they are relying on software with current hardware though.

TouchMint.com is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:33 PM   #79
asthamapheo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.damien View Post
Introducing on iOS7: Stephen Hawking mode.

Alright alright, I am already out...
hahaha...good one.
same here, these are really lame and useless features.
asthamapheo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 06:23 PM   #80
gRF
macrumors newbie

I can imagine this feature will create lots of frustration in India...
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:13 PM   #81
brian017
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthamapheo View Post
hahaha...good one.
same here, these are really lame and useless features.
.... for you
brian017 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2013, 01:47 AM   #82
kis
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasu E. View Post
No, he meant, like "seriously, you didn't even read the previous comments in this thread before you wrote that." Your post was pretty much written in auto-troll mode. Which is fine; the world really needs more kneejerk uninformed opinions, as there has been a terrible shortage of those in the Internet Age.
If Samsung copies, it's very bad indeed. If Apple copies, it's perfectly fine and innovative. Oh, and if someone disagrees, it's called trolling. Somehow I just don't get how your brains work sometimes.

Last edited by maflynn; Jun 28, 2013 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Removed name calling
kis is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2013, 07:27 AM   #83
Oracle1729
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiguere1 View Post
It's for disabled people, has never been mentioned in marketing and is off by default...
Then what it is doing on the front page of this site positioned as a new feature.

Oh right, this is Mac[AnyTrollArticleForAdHits].com now, so really nothing new or unexpected going on here.
Oracle1729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2013, 07:36 AM   #84
r.harris1
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kis View Post
I just love you fanbois - makes life more interesting. If Samsung copies, it's very bad indeed. If Apple copies, it's perfectly fine and innovative. Oh, and if someone disagrees, it's called trolling. Somehow I just don't get how your brains work sometimes.
When you make a broad, unsupported statement like "Samsung invented <whatever> first" without even a hint of backing it up, you're likely to hear grumbling of "troll", since that's a favored tactic of trolls. A response of calling people "fanboi", while I'm sure is amusing to kids of a certain age, doesn't do anything to further your argument. If you'd said something like "Samsung introduced a variant of motion control in their phone first, fanbois" you'd have pretty much locked it up without a fight
r.harris1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2013, 07:41 AM   #85
Oracle1729
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.harris1 View Post
If you'd said something like "Samsung introduced a variant of motion control in their phone first, fanbois" you'd have pretty much locked it up without a fight
Samsung introduced a variant of motion of motion control in their phone first.

http://techmell.net/android-tips/act...ung-galaxy-s4/

Not to mention things like the look away to pause type feature on samsung
Oracle1729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2013, 08:05 AM   #86
r.harris1
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle1729 View Post
Samsung introduced a variant of motion of motion control in their phone first.

http://techmell.net/android-tips/act...ung-galaxy-s4/

Not to mention things like the look away to pause type feature on samsung
Yes. No argument from me on that one.
r.harris1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2013, 03:58 PM   #87
pgiguere1
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle1729 View Post
Then what it is doing on the front page of this site positioned as a new feature.

Oh right, this is Mac[AnyTrollArticleForAdHits].com now, so really nothing new or unexpected going on here.
While this feature only targets an insignificant proportion of iOS users, the tech behind it must be pretty complicated and could possibly indicate Apple is working on body/movement recognition as part of a bigger project. That's why I find it interesting personally. It could also be nothing at all, as with all rumors.
pgiguere1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 09:00 PM   #88
JonKlarstrom
macrumors newbie

This feature is bloody marvelous.

The head movement is just one more way to interact. There could also be switches in physical form, on the jaw or a big red button.

The thing I see as fantastic is that this feature (switch control) is on system level. Both in iOS and in OS X Mavericks. Until now, I believe, these features has always been third party plugins. Plugins which conflicts with the drivers from time to time. And only work in selected apps/programs.

Also this is one aspect to get access to the school market, where some has had to say no to apple since there students couldn't use their products.

But Apple has done this the year post-2010, and almost every solution used today is sort of the same as used in the 80's.

How they solved the switch control in OS X, looks truly amazing.

What's missing now is eye control, if they could crack that one in consumers price range.... well, the potential with this is much more then meets the eye.

And with the api to the speech engine... apps can dump the price $100 on the spot with no need to license an acepela voice for example.

If the text prediction, as seen in Mavericks, is possible to use in the iPad as well. Then there will be possible for small companies to make big apps with little resources. Ideas from frustrated users can be made, since apple now is unlocking much of the functionality that you had to have many experts to develop your self.

My son has cerebral palsy and uses his iPad for communication, before he had a Tobii C12. Around $10,000, 2 GB ram, 1,2 Ghz, windows computer, 4 hours of battery and heavy so my sons little wheelchair almost tipped over. So the iPad solved most of the problems, and iOS seems to with version 7 solve almost all of the problems that still are.

But that "shake to undo" sucks! Everytime the wheelchair hits a little bump in the ground. It acts as a windows update popup. All the time... Is it possible to turn of in iOS7?
JonKlarstrom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:12 PM   #89
markie
macrumors 6502a

Everyone on here being a jerk and all of that and stuff should spend a day of their life in a sip-and-puff switch controlled wheelchair. You'll realize the immense value of adaptive technologies and switch controls.
markie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion