Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 1, 2013, 06:07 AM   #1
susa
macrumors regular

iPad Air Freezing

There is frequently no response when I touch a link, and nothing appears when I type. Also can't scroll during these times with 1 finger. Two fingers works somewhat clumsily.
I do have quite a few Safari windows open, but this never happened on my mini, same kind of use on it all of last year. This only started happening yesterday, approx. 2 weeks after receiving the Air.
I can bring it back to normal with a hard restart, but I really don't want to be slowed down by doing that all the time.

Also after reading all the raves about Notability, I got it, and it is the only app that is slow to open. Really disappointed 'cause I want to get my thoughts, refs, and notes down quickly on the fly. Had Bamboo before, and it always opened in a flash.

Could this be related to the newer OS upgrade or did I get a bad iPad? Is this happening to any one else? Thanks for any and all info/suggestions.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:59 PM   #2
mattclarke
macrumors newbie

Smile Hopefully this helps?

Found this when I was having the same issue and it works for me:

http://support.com-true.in/does-your-ipad-freeze-up-59

Hope that helps

Matt
mattclarke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:59 PM   #3
susa
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattclarke View Post
Found this when I was having the same issue and it works for me:

http://support.com-true.in/does-your-ipad-freeze-up-59

Hope that helps

Matt
Woohoo, thank you! That addresses both of my problems. They are connected. Excellent. Thank you. Thank you

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting