Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like all the lawsuit and sales figures etc. type stories dominating Macrumors?

• Total voters

Pardus

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Macrumors has been my go to site for years, read it every morning. However, I am really getting sick and tired of all the lawsuit, sales figures and china production woes or whatever. I suppose if I was a shareholder I would care but I am not, I wonder what percentage here are. So many of the interesting stories are buried on the side bar or not here. I would love it if the right blue sidebar was Mac shareholder stories instead of More MacRumors Stories.

What do the site stats say, what type of stories are most people interested in? Maybe i just need to find a new site to read through with my morning coffee. What do other people read?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
In forum spy you can exclude certain sections. If you choose not to use forum spy then you can control where you point and click your mouse.

This information is as relevant to Apple as the next iPhone release.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
Wait for it. The iDevice owning shareholders are coming to cry about this topic :)

I completely agree, it's irrelevant, nothing resembling a rumour relating any new "Mac" hardware, new "Mac" software or "Mac" OS updates or even (and this is an "Apple" rumour, not a "Mac" one) any rumours of new iDevices, just blather about patent litigation or market share. You really have to dig deep for anything actually Mac related and when something does pop up, it's buried under a pile of articles, not rumours that read like a column belonging in the Financial Times within days.

The simple solution is to ignore any topics you find irrelevant but they really should be in a separate section from the Front Page and certainly shouldn't be included in Facebook updates.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
I do feel like there is to many page 1 articles now. I dearly I think 4-5 per day is enough, but I know they cant controll when news leaks out.

It's be nice if we each could customize what news showed up on the front page. I'd limits it actual iPhone and OS X updates. I'd sorta be like the good ole days. :cool:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I'd sorta be like the good ole days. :cool:

The good ole days were not that great :D. You would be lucky to get a website update once / week and any new news was an event. Currently, it can get annoying but it's much better then the alternative. It's still much better to have the choice not to read something rather than not having anything there to read.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Macrumors has been my go to site for years, read it every morning. However, I am really getting sick and tired of all the lawsuit, sales figures and china production woes or whatever. I suppose if I was a shareholder I would care but I am not, I wonder what percentage here are. So many of the interesting stories are buried on the side bar or not here. I would love it if the right blue sidebar was Mac shareholder stories instead of More MacRumors Stories.

What do the site stats say, what type of stories are most people interested in? Maybe i just need to find a new site to read through with my morning coffee. What do other people read?

Just curious, which recent sidebar stories do you think should have been front page stories?

(I know what you mean, I think when news is slow, the sales figures / lawsuit stuff is sort of what's left, which is unfortunate)

arn

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
I don't see why people need to complain about this... Just ignore those posts. It is nearby impossible to find a blog/news site with only articles that pleases you completely. Personally, I find the lawsuits stories and the part leaks quite interesting, pretty sure other people find them interesting here.

Pardus

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
switcharoo

Well can't remember what was on the sidebar the day of the post but all the "more" stories can be interesting to anyone and have a general interest.

I am sure that there is a segment of the audience interested in the financial, lawsuit side of apple but I am sure there are a lot, probably more that really don't care... ever. Maybe swap all the blue bar "more mac rumours" stories to the main and make the blue bar the financial/lawsuit/patent related items, the blue chip side bar.

I know I can just ignore them but for me, it's still annoying. This is the site feedback forum so thought I would throw in my 2 bits.

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
Regardless, MacRumors does it best IMO. So much better here than that hot annoying mess over at 9to5mac (although I do wish MacRumors would have more weekend news).

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
MacRumors >>>>Apple Rumors

Mac is a computer, 95% of the news is not Mac related.
The site needs to retitled Apple News....this is the defacto
Public Relations site for the Apple Corporation. Its clear.
To me its of no consequence what vendors serve Apple,
what production numbers are, etc.
Apple is a lucky company that has a free staff of people who
will do the job of their P.R. dept.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.