Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fortysomegeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
My MB13 is collecting dust. I got a 15" Retina Macbook. Fully loaded 2.7ghz,16gb ram and 768GB ssd. I also have 3 other newisg macs in the house.

I have an July 2012 Ivy Bridge 13" Macbook Pro I don't even use anymore. It was the base model but I upgraded it to 16GB RAM, 512GB M4 SSD in the main bay, 750GB Seagate Hybrid in the cdrom bay. So it is a pretty loaded.

I was thinking of trading it for an 11" Air (just to have for the small size).

Should I trade it for something like 8GB RAM/128GB similar vintage, Ivy Bridge or flat out sell my MBP13 for $800 or so and go out and buy a Haswell one and pay the difference?

P.S. I am not interested in trading/selling here. I was going to do it on craigslist.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Should I trade it for something like 8GB RAM/128GB similar vintage, Ivy Bridge or flat out sell my MBP13 for $800 or so and go out and buy a Haswell one and pay the difference?
I'd say sell it and pay the difference. Besides of all the improvements in the Haswell Airs, you also get a new machine with a warranty and the option to buy AppleCare if you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.