Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Not at all. This a piece of hardware, not an app, there's no way we were going to see an iPad/Cintiq tablet. My initial guess was that it would be an Android tablet, looks like they're going with a few different models.

That being said, I've been waiting to see what their tablet turns out like for a while but GEEZ...talk about a steep price tag.

kevinfulton.ca

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
Not at all. The new stylus is all that the iPad really needs. With apps like Sketchbook and Procreate I've never felt the need to have Photoshop on the road. Even some concept and storyboard artists prefer it.

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Well, there is the Intuos Creative Stylus that works with iPad...

http://intuoscreativestylus.wacom.com/en/

Looks very intriguing. I might get me one.

Hadn't seen the stylus yet but that is pretty sweet looking. I don't currently have an iPad that I really use (my wife has one that I borrow to read comics) but I'm looking at getting one in the fall, and I definitely wouldn't mind having a really nice stylus to sketch with.

sigmadog

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
just west of Idaho
I was impressed by the Wacom stylus, except for the fat rubber nib. I'm actually much more impressed by the fine point on the Jot Touch 4, although I'd like the opportunity to use both side-by-side.

Cheers

Jim

Got to admit I much prefer the idea of a re-chargeable stylus over a battery-powered one. Also being able to see the contact point where the nib actually touches the screen seems like a winning idea for those of us tired of guessing where the mark will land.

On the other hand, it looks like SketchPro (my iPad drawing app) supports palm rejection with the Wacom Stylus, not the Jot Touch. Since I generally rest my palm when drawing, that's a big feature for me.

handsome pete

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2008

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Well the cintiq 13hd alone is $1000.

I realize, and for what it does it's not really an unreasonable price. I was just expecting an art focused tablet that would somewhat compete with others on the market, not something that cost more than my laptop :)

locoroco

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2013
The windows one looks great, but it should be expensive.
it runs pro software and that's what's important, but then again, major pro work should be done on a desktop.

it's probably too extreme for mobile in practice.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
The hybrid one is neat. works like a cintiq when you plug it in to a desktop and runs android when you disconnect. I thought this was neat over the base cintiq because The hybrid has a battery in it and will run like a cintiq off a laptop without any external power just the battery.

The windows 8 version is what everyone wanted for a long time but the price is brutal to get it. its also a bit expensive to be carrying around like its meant to be. id love to have one but at that price i might as well buy the cintiq 22HD. i dont need the portability much =P.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.