Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:15 PM   #1
scottness
macrumors 65816

No Smart Cover operation after iOS 7 upgrade

Anybody else get this? Smart cover no longer "sleeps" or "wakes" the iPad mini after iOS 7 upgrade.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Riverton
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottness View Post
Anybody else get this? Smart cover no longer "sleeps" or "wakes" the iPad mini after iOS 7 upgrade.
For me, it's working even better than before. If I open the cover after a long period of time, I'm no longer barraged with an endless run of notifications across the top of my screen. Instead, I'm shown all of my missed notifications within my the lockscreen, just as if I hit the sleep/wake button.

Have you checked Settings > General > Lock / Unlock?
Riverton is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:27 PM   #3
scottness
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverton View Post
For me, it's working even better than before. If I open the cover after a long period of time, I'm no longer barraged with an endless run of notifications across the top of my screen. Instead, I'm shown all of my missed notifications within my the lockscreen, just as if I hit the sleep/wake button.

Have you checked Settings > General > Lock / Unlock?
OMG I looked for that setting EVERYWHERE and couldn't find it. Thanks! Works again.

Feeling like an idiot… but it would have been nicer if it just worked and I didn't have to reenable it after upgrading.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7