Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:37 PM   #51
IBradMac
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to IBradMac
Just shoot him out of your way. Problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperX13 View Post
Yup, black panthers back intimidating voters!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/new-...-philadelphia/
IBradMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:41 PM   #52
CorvusCamenarum
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT1440 View Post
Yea, if one guy in a sheet wants to stand there, great.

If its a group thats different, as it was in 2008, but this is one person.
Then kindly explain the picture from Ohio in the link I posted. Just how many Black Panthers does it take to properly constitute a "group"?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:48 PM   #53
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvusCamenarum View Post
Then kindly explain the picture from Ohio in the link I posted. Just how many Black Panthers does it take to properly constitute a "group"?
Phili: one guy
Ohio: clearly a group

See how that works?
NT1440 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:54 PM   #54
hulugu
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
So are you for or against radical racist groups trolling our voting booths?
Yes, that was exactly my argument. It's not that I think the KKK and the NBPP are radically different not in madness, but method. Rather, I'm a big supporter of having virulent racists at every voting location.

Quote:
...In case the KKK decides to make a comeback (if they even exist anymore) I want this to be clear. I mean after all today's KKK Is just white guys in sheets, they've probably never even killed anyone. How intimidating could it be?
Sure, because they're exactly comparable. See how neat and tidy that makes your argument? It's so wonderful because you don't have to read an article or anything, you can just shovel them into a big box and call it a day.

And, as stupid stories like this roll on, other voter shenanigans get short shift.

A group of New Black Panthers in Ohio, holy **** where are the Navy SEALs? Voters get turned away for lack of ID despite court ruling. Holy ****, some guy in Philly is wearing a beret!

Last edited by hulugu; Nov 6, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
hulugu is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:57 PM   #55
Coleman2010
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17 View Post
Holding the door open for a little old lady, how intimidating!
He's Black. So yes it is.

Did you noticed how he nodded saying hello and smiled showing his menacing sharp teeth?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT1440 View Post
Phili: one guy
Ohio: clearly a group

See how that works?
1 + Black guy = Intimidating Group
Coleman2010 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:26 PM   #56
Grey Beard
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Grey Beard
Lets bring back some pinko helping panthers

I'd like to see some "Pretty in Pink" menacing, mincing, and with their long eyelashes. And they help little old ladies.

KGB

Last edited by Grey Beard; Nov 16, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Grey Beard is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:55 PM   #57
Hugh
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugu View Post
Yes, that was exactly my argument. It's not that I think the KKK and the NBPP are radically different not in madness, but method. Rather, I'm a big supporter of having virulent racists at every voting location.

Sure, because they're exactly comparable. See how neat and tidy that makes your argument? It's so wonderful because you don't have to read an article or anything, you can just shovel them into a big box and call it a day.

And, as stupid stories like this roll on, other voter shenanigans get short shift.

A group of New Black Panthers in Ohio, holy **** where are the Navy SEALs? Voters get turned away for lack of ID despite court ruling. Holy ****, some guy in Philly is wearing a beret!
When I went to vote they were asking people for their IDs to vote, this confused be because the ads they where running said you didn't need to show them this year. :/

Hugh
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:50 PM   #58
NickZac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedFaisal View Post
So a big black man standing at the door of a polling station is voter intimidation but a selfish rich **** sending E-mails to his employees stating "You'll all be fired if Obama wins" is not.

One has no authority over you and can be easily subdued by the police. The other has authority over you livelihood and as enough money to sue you into the primordial ooze.

Just to put things into perspective...... nice try though...
This is equally as serious and I agree worse given employers have more ability to coerce given they hold your livelihood. It's also a bigger issue because laws really do not protect employees from something like this as they should. But one wrong does not justify another. You've seen where that logic has gotten us in recent time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedFaisal View Post
You are seriously comparing the the two?? Really??? Cause and effect. Look it up in a book one of these days.
I see no difference between the New Black Panthers (NOT the original) and the Klan (NOT the Klan of the 60s) standing at the door greeting voters. Both are special interest groups (technically "hate groups") and both are using their presence as intimidation. Their intimidation is real because the violence and the racism both promote are real. While the history may differ, the utilization of intimidation is the same concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
I think its suffice to say that you guys are full of ****, and if KKK members were posting in front of polling stations you would be screaming bloody murder (rightfully so).
I agree that we shouldn't be ranking voter intimidation into "acceptable intimidation" and "unacceptable intimidation". The presence of any hate group should prompt outrage, not justification.

edit: and let me also say that ANYONE standing at the door with a club, wearing klan or panther regalia, or uniform that shows belonging to any such hate group would be make extremely uncomfortable regardless of race, gender, religion, etc.

Last edited by NickZac; Nov 6, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
NickZac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues