Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:37 PM   #51
IBradMac
macrumors 68000
 
IBradMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ohio
Send a message via AIM to IBradMac
Just shoot him out of your way. Problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperX13 View Post
Yup, black panthers back intimidating voters!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/new-...-philadelphia/
IBradMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:41 PM   #52
CorvusCamenarum
macrumors 65816
 
CorvusCamenarum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Birmingham, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT1440 View Post
Yea, if one guy in a sheet wants to stand there, great.

If its a group thats different, as it was in 2008, but this is one person.
Then kindly explain the picture from Ohio in the link I posted. Just how many Black Panthers does it take to properly constitute a "group"?
__________________
Much of modern liberalism consists of people trying to get revenge on the football players to whom they felt inferior in school.
CorvusCamenarum is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:48 PM   #53
NT1440
macrumors G3
 
NT1440's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hartford, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvusCamenarum View Post
Then kindly explain the picture from Ohio in the link I posted. Just how many Black Panthers does it take to properly constitute a "group"?
Phili: one guy
Ohio: clearly a group

See how that works?
NT1440 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 02:54 PM   #54
hulugu
macrumors 68000
 
hulugu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: the faraway towns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
So are you for or against radical racist groups trolling our voting booths?
Yes, that was exactly my argument. It's not that I think the KKK and the NBPP are radically different not in madness, but method. Rather, I'm a big supporter of having virulent racists at every voting location.

Quote:
...In case the KKK decides to make a comeback (if they even exist anymore) I want this to be clear. I mean after all today's KKK Is just white guys in sheets, they've probably never even killed anyone. How intimidating could it be?
Sure, because they're exactly comparable. See how neat and tidy that makes your argument? It's so wonderful because you don't have to read an article or anything, you can just shovel them into a big box and call it a day.

And, as stupid stories like this roll on, other voter shenanigans get short shift.

A group of New Black Panthers in Ohio, holy **** where are the Navy SEALs? Voters get turned away for lack of ID despite court ruling. Holy ****, some guy in Philly is wearing a beret!
__________________
I look like a soldier; I feel like a thief

Last edited by hulugu; Nov 6, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
hulugu is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 03:57 PM   #55
Coleman2010
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17 View Post
Holding the door open for a little old lady, how intimidating!
He's Black. So yes it is.

Did you noticed how he nodded saying hello and smiled showing his menacing sharp teeth?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT1440 View Post
Phili: one guy
Ohio: clearly a group

See how that works?
1 + Black guy = Intimidating Group
Coleman2010 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 04:26 PM   #56
Grey Beard
macrumors 6502a
 
Grey Beard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Antipodes.
Send a message via AIM to Grey Beard
Lets bring back some pinko helping panthers

I'd like to see some "Pretty in Pink" menacing, mincing, and with their long eyelashes. And they help little old ladies.

KGB
__________________
I am what I am.

Last edited by Grey Beard; Nov 16, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Grey Beard is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 05:55 PM   #57
Hugh
macrumors Demi-God
 
Hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Erie, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugu View Post
Yes, that was exactly my argument. It's not that I think the KKK and the NBPP are radically different not in madness, but method. Rather, I'm a big supporter of having virulent racists at every voting location.



Sure, because they're exactly comparable. See how neat and tidy that makes your argument? It's so wonderful because you don't have to read an article or anything, you can just shovel them into a big box and call it a day.

And, as stupid stories like this roll on, other voter shenanigans get short shift.

A group of New Black Panthers in Ohio, holy **** where are the Navy SEALs? Voters get turned away for lack of ID despite court ruling. Holy ****, some guy in Philly is wearing a beret!
When I went to vote they were asking people for their IDs to vote, this confused be because the ads they where running said you didn't need to show them this year. :/

Hugh
__________________
Hal 9000: You like your Macintosh better then me, Dave?
Hugh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:50 PM   #58
NickZac
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedFaisal View Post
So a big black man standing at the door of a polling station is voter intimidation but a selfish rich **** sending E-mails to his employees stating "You'll all be fired if Obama wins" is not.

One has no authority over you and can be easily subdued by the police. The other has authority over you livelihood and as enough money to sue you into the primordial ooze.

Just to put things into perspective...... nice try though...
This is equally as serious and I agree worse given employers have more ability to coerce given they hold your livelihood. It's also a bigger issue because laws really do not protect employees from something like this as they should. But one wrong does not justify another. You've seen where that logic has gotten us in recent time.




Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedFaisal View Post
You are seriously comparing the the two?? Really??? Cause and effect. Look it up in a book one of these days.
I see no difference between the New Black Panthers (NOT the original) and the Klan (NOT the Klan of the 60s) standing at the door greeting voters. Both are special interest groups (technically "hate groups") and both are using their presence as intimidation. Their intimidation is real because the violence and the racism both promote are real. While the history may differ, the utilization of intimidation is the same concept.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
I think its suffice to say that you guys are full of ****, and if KKK members were posting in front of polling stations you would be screaming bloody murder (rightfully so).
I agree that we shouldn't be ranking voter intimidation into "acceptable intimidation" and "unacceptable intimidation". The presence of any hate group should prompt outrage, not justification.


edit: and let me also say that ANYONE standing at the door with a club, wearing klan or panther regalia, or uniform that shows belonging to any such hate group would be make extremely uncomfortable regardless of race, gender, religion, etc.
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in ENGLISH, thank a Veteran.

Last edited by NickZac; Nov 6, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
NickZac is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC