Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j1900

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
hi all,
so i had not used facetime on my macbook air in several months. I tried to log in today and even though my username and password are correct when i git the login button the button goes down and then nothing happens. then a few tries later i got past that screen to where it asks what email you would like people to call you with. i entered my email and pressed verify. Then it took a minute to do that, said verified at the top , and then nothing happened.
I cannot get past that screen. i would really appreciate help fixing this.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
hi all,
so i had not used facetime on my macbook air in several months. I tried to log in today and even though my username and password are correct when i git the login button the button goes down and then nothing happens. then a few tries later i got past that screen to where it asks what email you would like people to call you with. i entered my email and pressed verify. Then it took a minute to do that, said verified at the top , and then nothing happened.
I cannot get past that screen. i would really appreciate help fixing this.

I'm having nearly the same problem, except that after a minute I get a FaceTime Activation message box saying it was unable to verify the email (though it said verified in FaceTime) and to check my network connection. I was able to log in to Facetime on that computer using various other family members AppleIDs and could use the problematic AppleID on another computer with no issues, just cannot use this one AppleID on this one computer. Also, that AppleID was using without incident in the past on that computer, problem just recently started. Finally, the email address (same as AppleID) shows as verified on the AppleID account maintenance screen on the Apple website.

Any thoughts?

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
An update to my previous post. I tried adding an alternate email address to the account and when inputting it into FaceTime, I received the unable to verify a message has been sent to that email address, etc, as expected. I verified the email address via the link in the email message and went back to FaceTime only to get the same message as before--check your network connection, etc.

I then removed the alternate email address from the first AppleID and created a brand new AppleID using the this alternate email as the primary ID and email address, went through the verification and voila, was able to login to FaceTime on that same computer with the new AppleID. Ideally though the user (my mother, FWIW) would like to use the original AppleID as it's her email account and has a hard enough time keeping track of the few UserIDs and passwords she already uses. So in summary, can't use one AppleID for FaceTime on one specific computer (works on different computers) yet other AppleIDs can login successfully on this same computer--would really like to resolve this.

One last note: Thinking is may be related in someway to the Keychain profiles, I even tried restoring that file from a Time Machine backup about 6 mo prior when FaceTime was working fine with this AppleID and still encountered the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pmars

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
I have re-installed Facetime 3 times. I have re-Installed 10.6.8 and it still gives me the "F YOU" message! Check network connection??? Really??? The modem/router doesn't even blink!! No access is even being attempted!

I WANT AN ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS BS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh... just found out today that my $2500 Mac Pro is not compatible with 10.8 (*&^% Lion)!!! Loving Apple right Now! Boy Howdy!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.