Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:35 PM   #126
eric/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeTheSwitch View Post
Actually, in this case, it's called being paranoid. When you have real world history of things not being an issue, and then make the claim that a particular new one could be, (even though all those ones in the past were not), it is irrational.
No, it's called being prepared.

Quote:
Rick Santorum was specifically shooting this treaty down for the exact same irrational reasons you are. Therefore, on that issue, you are in agreement with him and drawing the comparison is valid. Again, not a shrill debate thing, merely a fact.
Here's what you said:

Quote:
See above. If you are going to side with someone outlandish, then I am going to consider you to be outlandish in your thinking as well.
The fact that he may be outlandish, and that I agree with him on something, doesn't make me outlandish. There is connection here.

This is a shrill debate tactic.

"Omg! you side with Santorum!!!1!1!".

Well, as do you. So if it discredits me, it discredits you.

Quote:
Pretty sure I never said that you agree with Rick Santorum on everything since I haven't deviated from the specific subject at hand. That's really a stretch to imply.
Then the fact that I agree with him on something is irrelevant, and you brought it up for no reason other than to be shrill.

Quote:
Nice personal insult. I would imagine that I am both older in years and maturity, but that's beside the point and way way way off topic.
It's not a personal insult. A personal insult would be me calling you dumb or something (which I'm not). You're being
eric/ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:02 PM   #127
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric/ View Post
No, it's called being prepared.
Being one with maturity, I am not going to play a back and forth "yes you did, no I didn't" kind of game with you. It's hard to reason with someone who is being irrational on an issue anyway, so I will no longer make the attempt.

Quote:
The fact that he may be outlandish, and that I agree with him on something, doesn't make me outlandish. There is connection here.
ON THIS ISSUE it does. That was my point. Although I can see with my wording how you could misconstrue it to be something else. But it is not how I meant it. I apologize that it made it sound that way. Rick Santorum was the leading voice in shooting this treaty down which is why his name got mentioned. He said outlandish paranoid things about what "might" happen. Things that could not possibly be true. Things that there are no history of happening and is no evidence of. Things that you agreed with. Yeah, I get it...you don't like being compared to someone you don't like, but in this instance, you adopted the same mindset as him, therefore the comparison is valid and not merely the shrill debate tactic that you want to write it off as. I'm not saying you agree with Rick Santorum on everything nor that you are outlandish on everything. But on this issue I do believe that both you and he were being outlandish and I really don't see how someone so against Rick Santorum could adopt his same paranoid thinking and reasoning but I guess I will never understand that one.

Quote:
It's not a personal insult. A personal insult would be me calling you dumb or something (which I'm not). You're being
Yes? Yes? Being what???? You never finished your thought.
MadeTheSwitch is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues