Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shopboy0301

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
New York
Apple is an innovator in there products one of those products is the Ipad my question is every time apple releases a new ipad do we have to buy it?what will be your "criteria" that the ipad you bought will be the last ipad you will buy?for me if apple will release the Ipad 5 with a 128 gb storage then that's it ill buy again if that will be broken so hopefully it won't be broken or something :eek:

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
You don't HAVE to buy any updated iPad. I only purchase newer technology whenever mine is outdated (For example I felt my iPad 1 was outdated compared to iPad 3 so I updated) or if mine breaks after warranty and isn't worth the repair.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Apple is an innovator in there products one of those products is the Ipad my question is every time apple releases a new ipad do we have to buy it?what will be your "criteria" that the ipad you bought will be the last ipad you will buy?for me if apple will release the Ipad 5 with a 128 gb storage then that's it ill buy again if that will be broken so hopefully it won't be broken or something :eek:

I am still rocking the iPad 1

Pinkie Pie

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2012
Los Angeles
When you buy an iPad, your name is put into a database and if you don't purchase a new iPad within 12 months, Apple ... is displeased.

My iPad will be 2 years old in a month. Apple is gonna be knocking on my door any day now with their mind control devices. :( oh well, I guess that's what happens when you break the contract.

(To be serious, my iPad 2 doesn't have enough RAM now and I want a retina screen, so I'll buy the 5 or a refurb 4.)

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
When you buy an iPad, your name is put into a database and if you don't purchase a new iPad within 12 months, Apple ... is displeased.

My iPad will be 2 years old in a month. Apple is gonna be knocking on my door any day now with their mind control devices. :(

Nope, at 25 months they send out a signal that kills your battery. :D

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I don't plan to buy an iPad every year when Apple released new iPad but I would buy if they have a better technology than old one. I gave up my iPad 1 for iPad 2 because I wanted to have front facing camera for FaceTime. :apple:

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
I buy a new iPad every two weeks and throw the old one in the garbage because they tend to get smudges.

StuartL

macrumors member
May 22, 2010
UK
I recently upgraded from a first gen iPad (bought a day one) to the 4th gen. More than happy that I got nearly three years of almost daily use out of my original purchase so unless something really revolutionary takes place in the meantime it could be another three years before I look to upgrade again.

The deciding factor for me this time was wanting to use iOS6.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Until the mini hit the streets, I was on the iPad 1, so I'd say no we don't HAVE to buy a new iPad every year. I wait until a model is out that better fits my needs

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER

I'm loathe to tell others to correct their posts, but fair suck of the sav! That's a shocker!

As for buying a new iPad every year... If you can steal the money out of your father's wallet without him knowing, I'd say go for it.

auhagen

macrumors regular
May 30, 2010
Denmark
Is your religion "Apple"?

If yes, then you have to buy a new one every refresh.
If no, enjoy what you have, as long as it suits your needs.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011

You may like to consider using a few commas and full stops on your next post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.