Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:44 PM   #1
werzyn19
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
iBook G4 display going bad

My g4 ibook power PCM monitor is going dead on me. I want to connect to an external monitor that has hdmi and VGA input. I cannot find an adapter that connects to my video out on the ibook. Does anyone know where I can get one? And should I connect using a hdmi or VGA input?
werzyn19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Intell
macrumors G5
 
Intell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Inside
You need a mini-VGA to VGA adapter. Then it will be able to connect to your screen.
__________________
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 10:24 AM.
Intell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:00 PM   #3
g4manimac
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arkansas
Should look like this I just bought one for my ibook on ebay for under $5 with free shipping and it was new in the package.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130223_145606.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	779.6 KB
ID:	398977   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130223_145544.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	676.3 KB
ID:	398978  
g4manimac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:12 PM   #4
skateny
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by g4manimac View Post
Should look like this I just bought one for my ibook on ebay for under $5 with free shipping and it was new in the package.
Pardon me for my naivete, but I've never attempted to use this adapter. To what does the larger end of the adapter attach? It seems you'd need some type of extension cable to make it work with a monitor.

Thanks.
__________________
Etcha-Sketch, Classic Red; Kenner Easy-Show Projector, First Gen.
skateny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:29 PM   #5
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000
 
MisterKeeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skateny View Post
Pardon me for my naivete, but I've never attempted to use this adapter. To what does the larger end of the adapter attach? It seems you'd need some type of extension cable to make it work with a monitor.

Thanks.
Plugs into a normal VGA cable going to the monitor.
MisterKeeks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:59 PM   #6
g4manimac
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Arkansas
Yeah what misterkeeks said and I also bought a vga to hdmi so I could hook it up to my tv.I personally would buy a wireless keyboard and mouse or at least a long vga cable if your going to be using it on your tv ,mine is on the wall so I looked kinda stupid standing up there by it with my ibook but its not so bad if you're gonna be using it with an external monitor on a desk.
g4manimac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:15 PM   #7
California
macrumors 68040
 
California's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by werzyn19 View Post
My g4 ibook power PCM monitor is going dead on me. I want to connect to an external monitor that has hdmi and VGA input. I cannot find an adapter that connects to my video out on the ibook. Does anyone know where I can get one? And should I connect using a hdmi or VGA input?
I have an iBook mini vga to VGA adapter. PM me if you need it.
__________________
2.66ghz 13" MBP/1.67ghz Powerbook G5 15" DLHR/iPhone 16gb/30" ACD
California is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC